First ILS

OMFJ-OMDB
My first ILS landing!

An Emirates taxis, while another takes off and another lands
(Im the one landing)

Here comes dat boi

A nice touch down where I totally didn’t almost veer off the runway.

16 Likes

Forgot to mention
777-200f

Meanwhile I haven’t done a single GPS approach I do ILS every time 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

Ive only done visual and ILS now

2 Likes

I might’ve done visual once when it first came out. It was pretty cool but I think ILS is where it’s at

1 Like

I would also like to thank @Tim_B for ghosting me (no this is not a smart a** remark) He ghosted me for failing to properly intercept the localizer and explained to me what I did wrong and explained to me whar the localizer even is. And that helped me figure out instrument landing. So now I can land on the center line instead of always to the side landing manually

2 Likes

👍🏽Awesome 😁

1 Like

Thank you everyone I now have the ‘nice topic’ achievement!

1 Like

You will be surprised how often people get confused when they are calling Inbound to land. This is especially true at PHNL because there is a GPS glide slope. So people call inbound on an ILS approach because they are so used to calling inbound on an ILS approach instead of a GPS approach.

2 Likes

I always call whatever there is, if it’s a large airport with GPS, I’ll most likely request a GPS. If it’s a small airport with lots of terrain around, say for example Innsbruck LOWI, that is an exaggerated but I’d request Visual for that, and again with an ILS, I’ll request ILS.

Wait till a remote FNF comes and you have to do a GPS or visual

1 Like