First Flight on Expert Server!

Hey there,
I was thinking about my first flight on the expert server today, it was a flight from EDDF-EIDW. There was appr in Dublin and I had never recieved good radar vectors so it was quite challenging for me.

Now I would love to hear about you first time on expert server…
And if this is still ahead for you let me know what you think it will be like…

Hope this is all correctly done!
Pencil

9 Likes

It was LEMD-LEBL, there was not ATC, just UNICOM, it was a bit good.

4 Likes

I remember the first flight which wasn’t that good. I got issues with ATC because I didn’t understand it at that time.

“Please follow ATC instructions or you will be ghosted” had been heard a lot during the beginners time 😂 so I just left the game.

9 Likes

Boy!That was quite awhie ago.I think it was KPSP-KLAX on the old version

3 Likes

My first time was in 2015. There were only handful atc. Only scheduled atc was FNF. (Advanced server)

1 Like

Welcome to the big leagues! One thing I find about expert is that IFC has lots of myth on it I screw up all the time with landings takeoffs and such… I’ve managed to avoid trouble and Im a ok pilot. Things to avoid is supper busy airports Ex: Egll with active atc its sometimes a lot if your not comfortable with ATC its hard.

1 Like

I usually only get to experience the other side ( the controler ) so I find it very interresting that you avoid Airports we control… hope I got this right

My first time on Expert I got ghosted 👻…
But we won’t talk about that 😂
I took about 2 months to learn ATC procedures and practiced on what was then TS1.
My second time was about a year pre-global. Was probably 15th in line to land in TNCM.
It was the first time I’d ever received vectors. I was surprised I knew what I was doing!

2 Likes

I remember my first flight I made a topic and flew patterns with @SwedishFlyer @mkwiecek was my ATC.

4 Likes

I can’t even remember honestly my first expert server flight.

1 Like

How can you already be an IFATC and just now plan to take your first flight on expert… you must have been a true purist !

1 Like

First flight on expert San Diego to San Clemente the good old days for sure pre global.

1 Like

KSFO-KSEA. On appr lined up for wrong rwy… yeah…

1 Like

I got ghosted on my first flight. There was a long line for takeoff so i just taxeid through everyone and took off.

4 Likes

Congrats and welcome to the “pro” server!

3 Likes

Without ATC: VOMM-WSSS with @nationofaviation and @aviationfreak66U

With ATC: KSAT-KMCO. got a CHP from @justin_chan for incorrectly using “inbound on the ILS”. I’m happy to report it is my only CHP on my record for my whole time flying on expert.

2 Likes

Flew in the SoCal region for the first time

2 Likes

First time I flew on expert (with ATC) at OMBD the tower told me to “extend downwind “ and I wasent listing (I didn’t know what downwind meant at the time) the ATC told me if I wldnt do it he wld gost me so I left the server 😂😂

3 Likes

Mine was when they were controlling NZAA a few months ago and I went from NZAA to another place in New Zealand, but I forgot. Surprisingly I didn’t get the “please follow atc instructions or you will be ghosted”

3 Likes

Mine was KEWR to KBOS in the Alaska Airlines 737-900 new livery

2 Likes