First flight lesson!

Yesterday I took my first flight lesson and I had so much fun, when we were ready at the ramp the instructor told me I would be the one flying. I thought he meant I would do a few turns once in the air, but he had other ideas, he had me taxi to the runway and takeoff(they weren’t kidding about that right rudder)once we were in the air he had me climb to about 2000ft and maintain that and do a few basic maneuvers. About 15 mins into the flight he cut the power and had me fly a bit with no power to simulate an engine failure. He then had me fly downwind then onto left base where he took control of the plane and landed. It was an amazing experience and I can’t wait to get my pilots license.

Here’s a few pics of my flight:

checking the fuel before departure

Climbing to 2000

Awesome views

35 Likes

Wow, that is incredible. I can’t wait to be able to take flight lessons as well. Good luck in getting your license!

1 Like

Thank you! You will have so much fun

1 Like

Congrats! Your first flight lesson is a huge step to getting your license! Looks like you had fun!

Amazing!

1 Like

oh I got a good laugh at this lol

Glad you enjoyed your first flight lesson and good luck with the journey :)

2 Likes

All the best in your flying flying life !

2 Likes

Welcome to the club, Micah. Proud of you!

2 Likes

Had no idea how much you hit the ground running on your first training!😂 Super cool

1 Like

Thanks! Flight lesson at MCC??👀😂

1 Like

I honestly thought he was joking about having me takeoff until we were on the runway and he said go😂

1 Like

Wow! Congratulations I will always remember my first flight lesson it is something I’m very proud of and you should be to. I wish you good luck in the rest of your training!

1 Like

That’s awesome! I’m going to start training for my ppl sometime soon. It’s always inspirational to see someone else chasing their dreams. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thank you! Definitely a memorable moment for me

1 Like

Congrats! I just started flight lessons a couple weeks ago and it’s so much fun. Good luck to you and enjoy it!

2 Likes

Awesome, congratulations!

1 Like

That’s so awesome. I’m working on my PPL myself. I laughed when I read about the “right pedal” being so true. Good luck on your lessons !!

1 Like

Congrats… Good luck on ur lessons and have some fun!

1 Like

Congrats Micah! This is a huge achievement and a step in the right direction! Maybe I’ll see you in the real skies one day. #C172 meetup. 😉

1 Like

I got a good laugh out of it too

1 Like

Definitely! C172 dogfight

2 Likes