First Citilink's A320neo delivered

Citilink just received their first A320neo yesterday. She is still fresh from the “Oven”. This delivery makes Citilink to be the first A320neo operator in Indonesia and the 2nd A320neo operator in Southeast Asia after AirAsia. The plane was delivered from Toulouse yesterday with a stop in Ra’sal-Khaymah. The plane’s registration is PK-GTA (Please don’t ask me why they named it PK-GTA 😂)

A320neo will soon replace some older A320s owned by Citilink to keep Garuda’s Group average fleet age (They are retiring old planes on both Garuda and Citilink) to below 5 years old. I’m guessing she will start her first flight in March 😊.

Citilink has ordered 35 A320neos and they are planning to receive at least 5/6 A320neos this year

Currently she is parked in Garuda’s GMF Hangar in Jakarta’s Soekarno Hatta International Airport. I wish I may be able to spot her during my next visit to CGK 😊

Share your thoughts and opinions about this news =)

8 Likes

I’m hoping to fly one in Asia this summer.

1 Like

Nice, it’s good they’re getting new aircraft - PT-GTA haha. I gusss the Citlink livery looks alright. But they chose the wrong aircraft 😄 Where’s the 737MAX?

1 Like

I am sure you meant they chose the right aircraft. ;)

2 Likes

Cough cough no Boeing/Airbus wars!

2 Likes

I just watched the video you had in the post, there was the welcome from the fire crew and then the A320 was straight into the maintenance hangar! How 'bout that Airbus!

I know it wasn’t a maintenance hangar, it was most likely a press hangar ;)

1 Like

They don’t order 737MAX, But their parent company (Garuda) do 😉

The plane will be also delivered this year too. Making Garuda as one of some of the first Asian carriers to operate them 😊. Though they may be delivered by end-2017

1 Like

IndiGo , Go Air and Air India are airlines based in Asia too

2 Likes

Ah yeah, I get it. Qantas gets the 737s while Jetstar gets the (cheaper) A320s 😉

1 Like

And actually 737 (In this case, 737-800) has more capacity for airlines to fill than A320. Though A320 is better in all-economy layout rather than 737 😉. That explains why both Garuda and Qantas prefers to order 737s and give the A320s to their LCC Division 😊

1 Like

Yeah, that’s part of the reason. And the 737 just seems more luxurious overall, it just happens to have more powerful engines (even with their small size).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.