First Boeing 777X fuselage fully assembled, for Static Tests only

Source: Boeing Inc. Twitter

The first Boeing 777X has been assembled! This is the very first B777X to be shown fully assembled (though no engines or tail fin yet), and has yet to receive the Boeing livery.

Boeing has stated it’s not a flying airplane (yet), as it will be on static display for testing purposes.

I think it looks like a normal Triple 7, but with those folding wingtips. Design wise doesn’t look any different from the current 777, except for the wingtip

What are your thoughts on this airplane? Are you excited to see this prototype on display?

P.S dat nose wheel tho

35 Likes

This will be an awesome aircraft once it is put into service!

4 Likes

And maybe one day we will all see it … on Infinite Flight???

4 Likes

Such a beauty, can’t wait for it to take to the skies. 🤩

4 Likes

It’s also bigger than the 777-300

3 Likes

Got to see a part of this aircraft being built when I went on tour

2 Likes

The sharklets will be amazing on it 😍

1 Like

I know right, they can fold!

1 Like

It’s interesting how they make the first aircraft have some of the key things that make it look like a plane, without them. The second one that will fly as this one won’t at all is also being assembled right next to this one

2 Likes

They can?? I thought the main advancement on the 777X was navigation. I was at the boeing factory when I was on vacation in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. On the tour the guy was saying something about the 777X having the most advanced and accurate navigation system of any commercial aircraft.

1 Like

It looks like a normal 777, only differences are the folded wingtips and the doors are far apart from each other.

1 Like

It’s beautiful.
Tear falls

3 Likes

Wow those winglets are beautiful folded up🤯😍

1 Like

Just wait until the GE9X’s are put on. 😍

1 Like

It’s beautiful! I was privileged to take the tour at Paine Field as well, absolutely worth the time. You’ll find yourself wishing it was longer. Anyhow, do some reading on this thing as it has some neat features that aviation enthusiasts will throughly enjoy.

1 Like

Ahh! You right! I totally forgot about the GE9X’s!

1 Like

I always believed in love at first sight, now I’m a victim of it. 😍

2 Likes

Saw this plane when I did the Boeing Plant Tour back in July

2 Likes

Technically they are not winglets or sharklets, rather folding wingtips because they won’t be used as winglets/sharklets during flight @Joseph007 @Joeoreilly77

2 Likes

Don’t be that guy please… I can call them whatever I want.

1 Like