First A350-900ULR Delivered to Singapore Airlines/First Commercial Flight October 11th 2018

01-singaporeairlines-a350900ULR-SingaporeAirlines
(In link posted below)

Today, launch customer Singapore Airlines took delivery of The Worlds First A350-900ULR! 9V-SGA is one of the 7 of the aircraft type Singapore Airlines will receive. Service for this bird will start October 11th 2018, and will be operating from Singapore to Newark Liberty in New Jersey, which will become the worlds longest flight. It is capable of flying up to 9,700 nautical miles (nm), or over 20 hours non-stop. The flight to New York will cover a distance of approximately 9,000nm (16,700km), with traveling time of up to 18 hours 45 minutes. The aircraft is configured in a two-class layout, with 67 Business Class seats and 94 Premium Economy Class seats.

Read up more here:

Update:

Its been 2 weeks since its delivery flight, now its first commercial flight is on October 11th 2018 at 11:30 P.M.

Questions/Answers

Q: Where can I track this flight?

A: You can track this flight on FlightRadar24 or FlightAware

Q: How much will this flight cost?

A: This flight is $3,785.80 SGD

Q: What is the route for this flight?

A: It will fly from WSSS (Singapore) to KEWR (Newark, New Jersey)

Q: What time will this flight fly?

A: This flight is scheduled to depart at 11:35 P.M and arrive at 6:00 A.M

Q: How long is this flight?

A: Various factors determine flight time but it should be at least over 18 hours long

26 Likes

I love the 350 ULR, it has lots of potential

1 Like

Flying into EWR, eh? Might have to get outside and spot this baby on her maiden flight!

3 Likes

Mark your calendar for October 11th :) This will be historic since they’re continuing an old route more efficiently.

3 Likes

World’s Longest Flight, huh…!

History Is About To Be Made Within The Aviation Industry, again… ;)

The A350-900ULR, This Is One Marvelous Piece of Engineering!

Fly High, Fly Far. (That’s My New Motto/Quote To Go By, When Flying :D)

5 Likes

The efficiency of the 787 and 777 family and A350 series is unbeatable. I love how Boeing and Airbus are connecting the world as clean as possible.

Well, at least for now ;)
2 Likes

Didn’t know that A350 has four engines :) jk

(Are this registration for « testing planes before release? »)

1 Like

I wouldn’t say testing planes, but could’ve been the registration on another one of Singapore’s planes.

1 Like

How often do you spot at EWR?

I dont spot often at EWR… but the 4R approach path is literally right over my house. It’s great.

2 Likes

That must be fun when you’re trying to sleep at night!

1 Like

It’s actually not that loud… I’m used to the sound. I keep my window shades open at night and just watch them pass by. Great way to fall asleep haha.

Alright, we’re getting off topic haha - PM me if you want to respond or have any questions :)

3 Likes

Technically it hasn’t taken delivery yet because it hasn’t arrived yet, it’s still over Northern Europe.

Track it here:

The registrations are the same as the ones they had on their A340 fleet 😉

2 Likes

They have changed the picture now :)

2 Likes

1 Like

^ Filling in the locked information

3 Likes

I just saw that on twitter I’m really hoping that the A350 Will be added to Infinite flight soon with this aircraft cause I want to do this route Ibera uses the A350 and so does Cathaty Pacific.

So, this will be the next after DOH-AKL route? 😀
The duraton of the flight slightly similar with it

Or possibly longer than Qantas’ Boeing 787-9 PER-LHR

1 Like