First 6th Gen Aircraft Revealed Today by Northrop Grumman

Today, December 2, 2022, Northrop Grumman will be unveiling their new B-21 Raider, a stealth bomber, from Edwards AFB at 8:00 PM eastern. Included is a link to watch the ceremony. This is the worlds first ever 6th generation aircraft and will be replacing the beloved B-2 spirit and B-1B Lancer. If you watch the stream, I hope you enjoy it!

Enjoy the unveiling if you choose to watch it and have an outstanding rest of your day.

34 Likes

Reminder, this is happening in 30 minutes!

So thats in like 5 min now?

Yes. Northrop Grumman also has a stream where they’re feeding in comments and neat excerpts. I’m tuned in to both YT and Northrop for this evening.

3 Likes

HERE IT IS, THE WORLDS FIRST 6TH GEN AIRCRAFT!

5 Likes

I wasn’t sure from manufacturer info if the following is included in the design?:

“sixth-generation engines are expected to have a variable cycle to give optimum efficiency at any speed or altitude, giving greater range, faster acceleration, and greater subsonic cruise efficiency. The engine would configure itself to act like a turbojet at supersonic speeds, while performing like a high-bypass turbofan for efficient cruising at slower speeds; the ability to supercruise will likely be available to aircraft with this engine type”

Supercruise being sustained supersonic flight with useful load, w/o afterburner. But this doesn’t look like a supersonic aircraft.

Sixth-generation fighter - Wikipedia

4 Likes

youve only seen it, never seen it fly tho. who knows its full performance yet 👀

3 Likes

Northrop Grumman possibly, but it hasn’t flown yet so maybe they may be surprised or let down. I guess only time will tell

I guess we will find out when performance data gets released in 2023

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.