Firm landing at LGSM, Thomson 737-800.

Bloody hell what a scary experience.

What would you do if you was on here?

10 Likes

Obviously we don’t know the conditions he was landing it but it looks windy, specifically crosswindy. And it nowhere got near 90 degrees. More like 35 which is pretty normal.

8 Likes

…that kid in the background though :-\

The landing was pretty hard by the looks of it.

4 Likes

Very, yeah I despise of crying kids on planes, not their fault but still.

4 Likes

It’s kind of scary😬😬

3 Likes

Seemed like the pilots might have been unprepared for the landing, it was a little hard!

6 Likes

Seemed like a decent landing to me, given the apparent conditions.

11 Likes

I have looked at many incidents and hard landings are pretty common with this airline. I think this is the airline that needs the Ryanair stereotype!

3 Likes

Gotta love low-cost airlines, get what you pay for lol.

3 Likes

Except for Southwest. They’re pretty good. @Ollie

4 Likes

Never been on so I can’t say for myself.Sound quite reputable.

That crying kid in the background killed the video…Interesting landing, looks like there were some crosswinds.

2 Likes

Thomson are a great airline. Never had a hard landing with them, and Ive flown with them many times.

4 Likes

Yeah, there the ‘premium’ holiday carrier when it comes to the UK.

1 Like

Quite a lot of them

1 Like

Same haha but I have looked at Aviation Herald and a few planes have landed so hard the plane couldn’t be flown safely and had to be repaired by Boeing

2 Likes

I’ve had much worse landings than this, mainly into EGNS. Also I would call this a great landing, just because the touchdown was a tad hard does not mean that landing is bad. The pilots did very well to get it down, they just wanted it to stay down that’s all.

5 Likes

You know what they say if you walk away from landing it’s a good one ;)

3 Likes

Calm down a little, the landing looked perfectly fine. Would you rather have the pilot land long and have it overrun the runway?

I would say there are more than a few.

One hard landing does not make or break an airline

1 Like