Finnair Flight Attendant Falls Out of Aircraft

Hello, IFC,

Recently, an Airbus A320 faced a problem when a flight attendant fell out of the aircraft! (It was on the ground). The aircraft involved was OH-LXD.
After all the passengers de-planed, the poor FA fell 3.5 meters. She is in the hospital but not in a critical condition.
More info here:

Thank You!

6 Likes

3.5M isn’t a lot though! Maybe pay more attention ⚠️

2 Likes

Holy, when I first saw this, I thought she fell out of the plane mid-flight…

Glad she is Ok!

3 Likes

It might not be that far, but if you fell, you could definitely hurt yourself

1 Like

My heart stopped. I thought she made the fall from 35,000ft. Hope she feels better.

2 Likes

3.5m is quite a long way to fall, you could easily die from a fall that height. Just to put it into perspective, the A320’s fuselage is only another 0.64m higher.

3 Likes

3.5 metres is a long way to fall. It could certainly cause damage.

3 Likes

It looks like certain procedures weren’t followed. The stairs were moved before the passenger bus left the aircraft. The bus driver was waiting for a signal from the flight attendant, so he knew that everyone was off the aircraft and could leave. But when the flight attendant went open the door and wanted to give the signal, the stairs were not there anymore and she fell out of the aircraft.

3.5M is quite a long way to fall, especially when you’re not expecting it.

Let’s hope the flight attendant has a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Get well soon to the flight attendant! That is shocking!

1 Like

Me too XD😂😂

1 Like

For my imperial friends, 3.5m is roughly 11.5 feet. That’s quite a ways to fall. Hope she does alright!

1 Like

I mean how did she do that - aircraft are rather tall machines - did she have a visual awareness of like 0.001 or something…

Anyway on a more serious note - I hope she was OK - 3.5m is about 1-1.5 storeys high so you could easily break a leg - you probably wouldn’t die from that height unless you hit your head or something.

1 Like

See below:

13 Likes