[Finished] NonStop Virtual AIDTL Volume 1 | Al Haynes @KDEN - 081700ZOCT19

ADITL - Al Haynes

Flight 232

Welcome to NonStop Virtual’s Newest Event Series- A Day In The Life (AIDTL) We kick of this exciting new series, with the story of the Legendary Al Haynes which we will be paying tribute to both his heroic action in the sky and to his life as he has recently passed away.

NonStop Virtual warmly invites you to enjoy and experience, “ADITL”, which is a exciting new event series. ADITL is possibly NSV’s most realistic experience. Every Tuesday we take our pilots on historic, mesmerizing, and pioneering flights, that changed aviation. We take things to the extreme as we resemble a day in the life of some amazing pilots,

Background Information

Alfred Haynes, a pilot who led a United Airlines crew through an extraordinary display of improvised emergency flying that guided a crippled jet to a crash landing in Sioux City, Iowa, in 1989, saving more than 180 of the 296 people on board, died on Aug. 25 2019 in Tacoma, Washington. He was 87 Years Old

His son Dan posted news of his death on Facebook.

Mr. Haynes was captain of United Flight 232 on July 19 when, a little more than an hour into its flight to Chicago from Denver, one of its three engines — the one mounted in the tail — exploded. What happened next has become part of aviation lore, an example of [calm and quick thinking] under the most extreme pressure. Mr. Haynes was piloting a DC-10, which would normally have been able to fly with only its two wing-mounted engines running. But Mr. Haynes; his first officer, William R. Records; and his second officer, Dudley J. Dvorak, quickly realized that they had almost no control over the aircraft. Debris from the explosion had severed the hydraulic lines that enabled the crew to steer the aircraft and control its speed. The plane was in danger of turning upside down.

Credits to New York Times for the background infomation. The full article can be found by clicking the link below:

Aircraft: DC10//United

Server: Expert

Route: KDEN-KORD

Flight Time: 1:55

Time/Date: 2019-10-08T17:00:00Z

Cruise:

M 0.82 at FL370

Descent Information:

Begin your descent about 25 minutes before landing

-1500 ft/min at M 0.82 until FL370
-1500 ft/min at 320 knts until FL150
-800 ft/min at 225 knts until FL070
-500 ft/min at 200 knts until FL030

After reaching FL030, do a regular final approach to the runway

Departing Runway(s) : 17L

Arriving Runway(s) : 28R

Runways are subject to change

Flight Plan

FLIGHT PLAN
KDEN GISTT KIDNG KAYGG LUPTN MRENE EEONS 4009N/10256W WYNDM HCT OBH FOD MYRRS SAAYY BENNR 4232N/9047W JBAGS BHAWK STNLE CUUPP CHMPN CLSBY FYTTE MOTRR COGSS MADII SOOLU ADAME KORD

KDEN Ground Chart

KDEN Charts

KORD Ground Chart

KORD Charts

Due to Stapleton Closing in 1995 we are using Denver Internationial Instead

All Non-Stop Virtual Pilots are required to use their callsign within the flyout.

Spawn in 15 mins before pushback time of the event.

Act mature, and follow all Expert Server guidelines.

Non NSV Members can join but are expected to follow the instructions.

Gate Pilot Callsign
A27 @Capt.SkyWalker NSV002
A29 @AryaTheLivingMeme NSV1009A
A31 @infinite_flyer_21 UAL711
A33
A37 @Moonlit NSV001
A41 @OC212 NSV212

All Non-Stop Virtual Pilots who attend will receive 2.5x flight time on their flight!
Must input the bonus flight hours manually.

Other Flight Info will be provided in a PM the day before the event.

This event is planned and hosted by Nonstop Virtual. Check them out Here!

NonStop Virtual Group is a professionally oriented Virtual Airline based on the German airline Lufthansa (which, due to copyright issues, we cannot share the name of), with a vibrant community and a helpful staff team ready to help you at any time. We aim to be professional in every aspect, as we dedicate our time to meeting your needs, expanding your experience and broadening your virtual horizons.

We offer over 2500 routes , with a mainline fleet of 31 aircraft and 19 available liveries. And with our codeshare network, we offer a total of 60 different aircraft for you to explore the world in.

7 Likes

Looks like a great event! I love to fly NSV events but sadly this one will be on a school day😭

2 Likes

Thanks ! Hope to see you at a NSV event soon.

2 Likes

Sing me up :-) NSV002

See you there!

2 Likes

sign me up NSV 1009A

See you there!

I’m in if there is a spot open.

Yep! Can i grab your callsign?

i am not apart of non stop virtual but can i still be apart of it. if so my callsign will be ual711

That is fine anyone can join! I have signed you up

so i am flying from vhhh to ksfo and i will be hopefully there at 1730 zulu. I may just have to takeoff from sfo in the dc 10 and meet you at chicago

Can someone sign me up? NSV2009L

Go ahead and sign me up! NSV001 :)

See you there @Moonlit and @Ruky

1 Like

Sign me up NSV212

Just One Hour To Go!

Don’t miss out - sign up while you still can!

1 Like

Last call if anyone wants to join us! KDEN in the DC10!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.