Finished my first flight lesson

How I would rate it… It was incredible!
I learned so much from my instructor and even got to fly the plane and talk to ATC. My instructor even gave me a tour of the airport and and we got to go inside all the hangers. I learned how to do a walk around pre-flight inspection, talk to ATC and maneuver the aircraft on the ground. The aircraft that I flew was a Cessna 172 my callsign was N172ME as shown below

During the flight we flew over downtown Charlottesville Monticello and the UVA campus after we preformed some maneuvers we returned to the airport and landed After we landed my instructor took me on a tour of the rest GA side of the airport and took me through all the hangers, I saw lots of business jets I even saw a TBM 930 that was flying to JFK. I saw lots of Pilatus airplanes and I got to see a Piaggio P180 which was really cool

35 Likes

Nice photos, however Piper is better than Cessna 152 😉

4 Likes

Woah there son 😂 you can’t diss the washing machine with wings come on @Jack_BC

3 Likes

I’ve never flown a piper only a Cessna but I hope to try out a low wing aircraft compared to a high wing aircraft

Piper is the way to go!

1 Like

Says the Cessna that needs a ladder or someone to stand weirdly on the wing strut to fuel it up. Piper pilots just stand on normal surface

1 Like

I’m glad to see your instructor let you do this! My flight school has multiple aircraft, and sometimes I’ll hear students who have a good amount of experience talking on the radios, and they seem to have no clue what they are doing. This is a good skill to learn early on. Obviously everyone starts somewhere, and I’m really happy for you! I’m sure you are a great pilot.

Really happy you enjoyed, I still remember my first lesson.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Absolutely incredible mate! I’m starting my within 2 years ;)

1 Like

That’s absolutely amazing

1 Like

At least we don’t pull a hand brake taken from a car to put down the flaps!!! @Jack_BC ;)

1 Like

Congrats what a major achievement I wish the best for you !

1 Like

Actually, I have special brakes in my Aircraft

Thank you I really enjoyed it!

1 Like

My first time piloting an aircraft was in a Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee. I like the Pipers so much better than the Cessnas but each have their advantages and disadvantages.

1 Like

First flying lesson is one you’ll never forget, along with your first solo.

Good luck and enjoy your journey!! Also, never forget to make your instructor tea ;)

1 Like

Ok will do! Thanks

1 Like

WOW great job;)

1 Like

Well done, first Lesson, a case of just taking it all in, the basics of basics, and getting to know your instructor. All that stuff…

Enjoy the next couple of Lessons, then, head down, work hard :)

1 Like

I bet you were buzzing and on Cloud 9 afterwards 🙂 Congrats - Onwards and upwards!

1 Like

If you would like to see more pictures you can PM me because I took a lot more pictures