[ Finished] Airport MAX Out @ TNCM - 251530ZNOV17

Server: Training

Airport: TNCM

Time: 14:30Z

Aircraft: C208, C-130J, 717, 737, A320, A318, 747, 777, 757 AND GA AIRCRAFT

Once Again, Welcome Infinite Flight Pilots!
My name is Pocket Aviation and today I introduce yet another Airport MAX Out event! This time, we are flying out of an airport well know in the community, Princess Juliana International in the Caribbean! What makes this event special is that it is on a global scale which means that planes can actually fly from TNCM to the real destinations being served by that airport across the globe. However, when I conducted my airport research, I discovered that there are airlines that service the airport that are not in the simulator! So instead, this event uses generic liveries and liveries close to the real world to try and maintain realism as best as we can! Reserve you spot quickly before we fill up. Thanks for participating in Airport Max Out @ TNCM.

Introduction to TNCM

Princess Juliana International Airport (IATA: SXM, ICAO: TNCM) is the main airport on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin, located on the Dutch side of the island in the country of Sint Maarten. In 2010, the airport handled 1,645,105 passengers and 60,870 aircraft movements. The airport serves as a hub for Windward Islands Airways and is the major gateway for the smaller Leeward Islands, including Anguilla, Saba, St. Barthélemy and St. Eustatius. It is named after Juliana of the Netherlands, who as crown princess landed here in 1944, the year after the airport opened. There is also an airport on the French side of the island, called Aéroport de Grand Case or L’Espérance Airport.

The airport has very low-altitude flyover landing approaches, owing to one end of its runway being extremely close to the shore and Maho Beach.

The airport was started as a military airstrip in 1942. It was converted to a civilian airport in 1943. In 1964 the airport was remodeled and relocated, with a new terminal building and control tower. The facilities were upgraded in 1985 and 2001.
Because of increased passenger traffic and the expected growth of passenger traffic in the near future, Princess Juliana International Airport is being heavily modernized following a three-phased masterplan, commissioned in 1997.

Because the approach to Runway 10 is over water, pilots can become disoriented regarding their perceived altitude when operating under visual flight rules. Normal instrument checks, coupled with experience and situational awareness, mitigate potential problems. The departure from Runway 10 presents more “difficulties” than the approach, with a turn required to avoid mountains in the departure path.

Arriving aircraft approach the island on the last section of the final approach for Runway 10, following a 3° glide slope flying low over the famous Maho Beach. Pictures of low-flying aircraft were published in several news magazines worldwide in early 2000. The thrilling approaches and ease of access for shooting spectacular images, made the airport one of the world’s favorite places among planespotters. To meet changing international and local regulations, a 150-metre (490 ft) safety extension was required. Despite the reputed difficulties in approach, there have been no records of major incidents at the airport, although ALM Flight 980 crashed 30 miles (48 km) from St. Croix on 2 May 1970, after several unsuccessful landing attempts at TNCM in bad weather. Runway 10/28 was renumbered from 09/27 in late 2008. The runway is 45m wide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Juliana_International_Airport#cite_note-tncm-1

The Event

On November 25, 2017 @ 11:30AM AST, the airport will begin operations. Our goal is to attempt to fill the airport with as many planes as possible!

• If you are interested in being an Passenger Airline, you can select an airline that services that airport. You must also choose a plane that services that airport and use the real life destination given aka Gate A1 Delta 737-800 TNCM-KATL.
  • If you are interested in being a Cargo Airline, once again select an airline that services that airport. Since Infinite flight does not include some cargo planes, you are free to chose any available. The destination should also be the same as real life as well.
  • If you are interested in General Aviation, there are minimal restrictions, as long as you don’t utilize wide bodies or any other commercial viable aircraft. (A318 and 737-700 BBJ are OK).
  • If you are interested in The United States Coast Guard, please use the C130J aircraft only (your flight plan does not matter).

(This event covers planes that no longer service from the airport (KLM 747) or operate seasonal service aircraft such as Air France 777. It also does not have fully accurate gate assignments because I could not find that info online! (Please contact me if there is a free way to find gate assignments))

We will also need ATC coverage so you may sign up for that down below as well:

Airlines

Air France, KLM, JetBlue, Spirit Airlines, American Airlines, Caribbean Airlines, Copa Airlines, Delta Airlines, West Jet, Air Caraïbes, USCG, and WinAir.

Commercial Airlines

Gate A1 Delta 737-800 TNCM-KATL: @PocketAviation
Gate A2 KLM 747-400 TNCM-EHAM: @RTG113
Gate A3 Air France 777-200ER TNCM-LFPG: @Luke
Gate A4 WestJet 737-700 TNCM-CYYZ: @RichCar_Theif

Gate B01 American 737-800 TNCM-KMIA: @Samuel_Szeto
Gate B02 American 737-800 TNCM-KCLT: @DylanIE
Gate B03 American 737-800 TNCM-KPHL: @gabemempin
Gate B04 Spirit A320-200 TNCM-KFLL: @ThomasR
Gate B05 Jet Blue A320 TNCM-KJFK: @Cbro4

Gate C01 Avianca A320 TNCM to SKBO: @MEJRC
Gate C02 Air Caraibes Cessna 208 TNCM-TFFR: @Amla
Gate C03 Air Caraibes Cessna 208 TNCM-TNCS: @Big_Elijah
Gate C04 JetBlue A320-200 TNCM-KBOS: @Harun_Koyuncu
Gate C07 Caribbean Airlines 737-800 TNCM-TTPP: @Justin_Chan
Gate C08 United 737-800 TNCM-KORD: @horizonmaster03
Gate C09 Copa Airlines 737-800 TNCM-MPTO: @jack_oloughlin
Gate C10 Caribbean Airlines 737-800 TNCM-MKJP: @J9J9T
Gate C11 Delta 757-200 TNCM-KMSP: @Goran12
Gate C12 Air France A320 TNCM-TFFR: @Josh_Tomaz

Cargo Airlines

Gate C5 DHL 757-200 TNCM-TAPA: @PilotA
Gate C6 DHL 757-200 TNCM-SCEL: @Rajdipta_De

General Aviation

GA 01: Cessna Citation X VFR: @Grady_Herbert
GA 02 Cessna Citation X VFR: @AsorbMC
GA 03: Cessna Citation X TNCM-EGLG: @NismoKits
GA 04 Cessna Citation X TNCM-MYNN: @ShaneDaMan
GA 05 Cessna Citation X VFR @Dommo209
GA 06 Cessna Citation X TNCM-KDCA: @Samuel_Ten
GA 07 Cessna Citation X VFR: @bobo2345
GA 08 737-700 BBJ TNCM-EGLL: @B747fan
GA 09 (Closed due to the wingspan of the BBJ being too long!)
GA 10 737-700 BBJ TNCM-KATL: @Oscar_Santos

United States Coast Gaurd

GA 11: Lockheed Martin C-130J Any Destination: @TenMileJones
GA 12: Closed (Wingspan of C130J takes up spot)
GA 13: Lockheed Martin C-130J Any Destination: @Chris_Hoover

ATC

Princess Juliana Int’l Tower: @oscar_mur
Princess Juliana Int’l Approach: @Captain_Dan
Princess Juliana Int’l Tower Backup: @kronos
Princess Juliana Int’l Approach Backup:
(please note that if you take the position of backup, you will not be guaranteed an ATC position. Your only job is to fill in for anyone who can no longer preform their ATC duties!)

Sponsors

Check out @infinitefltpics on Instagram and follow them for high quality photos on infinite flight global!

Air France and KLM Virtural group offers both KLM combines two of the most well know airlines in Europe to provide an incredible Air Group! Check them out HERE if interested in becoming a pilot!

Japan Airlines Virtrual is one of the finest VA’s airlines out there with a high quality website and a fleet that meets everyones standards! Check them out HERE if interested in joining!

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to post them down below! Also, if you need any help with creating your flight plan or fuel load, please ask in the comments!

Check out our other event HERE!

14 Likes

Sign me up! Can’t wait

3 Likes

Welcome back @RTG113! 747 is yours!

1 Like

I’ll be there can I take gate B04?

1 Like

Sure Gate B04 is yours!

1 Like

Gate for me please! :)

Gate A3 Air France 777-200ER TNCM-LFPG:

1 Like

Gate B01 AA 737-800 TNCM-KMIA

Could I sign up for Gate B05 Jet Blue A320 TNCM-KJFK?

Any chance I could take Tower for this event?

Great! Welcome Gate 3 is yours

Gate B01 is yours AsorbMC welcome to the even!

See you in the Jetblue A320 @Eighty

1 Like

This event looks fun! Shame it’s at 1:30 AM here in Australia! 😣

Sorry to hear you can’t make it! Hopefully we can see you at another event!

1 Like

Of course! Thanks for volunteering! Please note that at previous events, some towers reported some problems with their device. However, it should not be a problem if you have never experienced any trouble previously!

1 Like

Okay thanks. Can’t wait!

Can I please have gate a4?

1 Like

Welcome gate 4 is yours!

1 Like

@PocketAviation check PM please

Can I take gate B02 please?