[FINISHED] 31DEC20 / 2100Z - New Year's 2021 Trip to NYC @ KSTL

Hello folks, welcome to my event. On December 31st, it is New Year’s Eve which is the day before New Year’s 2021. Usually, we travel to NYC to celebrate New Year’s by joining the crowd and counting down to New Year’s and dropping the big ball to shout out Happy New Year’s. However due to COVID, I decide to create an event for us to fly to NYC from my hometown to virtually celebrate New Year’s. So we will be leaving St. Louis and making a connecting stop at Charlotte and then we will layover and switch terminals but with the same aircraft to head to New York JFK Airport.

St. Louis Airport Summary

St. Louis Lambert International Airport (IATA: STL , ICAO: KSTL , FAA LID: STL ), formerly Lambert–St. Louis International Airport , is an international airport serving St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Commonly referred to as Lambert Field or simply Lambert , it is the largest and busiest airport in Missouri. The 2,800-acre (1,133 ha)[2] airport sits 14 miles (23 km) northwest of downtown St. Louis in unincorporated St. Louis County between Berkeley and Bridgeton. In January 2019, it saw more than 259 daily departures to 78 nonstop domestic and international locations.[3] Named for [Albert Bond Lambert
(Albert Bond Lambert - Wikipedia), an Olympic medalist and prominent St. Louis aviator, the airport rose to international prominence in the 20th century thanks to its association with Charles Lindbergh, its groundbreaking air traffic control, its status as the primary hub of Trans World Airlines, and its iconic terminal.[4] St. Louis Lambert International Airport is the primary airport in the St. Louis area, with MidAmerica St. Louis Airport, about 37 miles (59 km) east, serving as a secondary metropolitan commercial airport. The two airport terminals are connected by the Red Line of the city’s light rail mass transit system, the MetroLink.

St. Louis Airport Chart

Charlotte Airport Summary

Charlotte Douglas International Airport (IATA: CLT , ICAO: KCLT , FAA LID: CLT ) is an international airport in Charlotte, North Carolina and is the primary airport for commercial and military use in the Charlotte metropolitan area located roughly six miles from the city’s central business district. The airport is owned by the City of Charlotte and operated by the city’s aviation department.[2] Established in 1935 as Charlotte Municipal Airport , the airport was renamed in 1954 for Ben Elbert Douglas Sr., who was mayor of Charlotte when the airport was first built. It took its present name in 1982. The airport is a fortress hub for American Airlines, which serves 148 destinations and operates over 700 daily flights out of Charlotte.[3] CLT covers 5,558 acres (2,249 ha) of land.[4] As of 2019, it was the 11th-busiest airport in the United States ranked by passenger traffic (having processed over 50 million passengers) and fifth-busiest by aircraft movements.[5] It was the sixth-busiest airport in the world ranked by aircraft movements.[6] The airport has four runways and one passenger terminal with 115 gates (more than any other single airport terminal building in the U.S.) divided between five concourses. A joint commercial-civil-military facility, the airport is home to the Charlotte Air National Guard Base (Charlotte ANGB) and its host unit, the 145th Airlift Wing (145 AW) of the North Carolina Air National Guard, located in a military containment area on the east side of the airport.[7] The airport is also home to an air cargo center and an American Airlines maintenance facility.

Charlotte Airport Chart

JFK Airport Summary

John F. Kennedy International Airport (IATA: JFK , ICAO: KJFK , FAA LID: JFK ) (colloquially referred to as JFK Airport ) is an international airport in Queens, New York, USA, and one of the primary airports serving New York City. The airport is the busiest international air passenger gateway into North America,[5] the 20th-busiest airport in the world, the sixth-busiest airport in the United States, and the busiest airport in the New York airport system, having handled over 62.5 million passengers in 2019.[6] More than ninety airlines operate from the airport, with nonstop or direct flights to destinations in all six inhabited continents.[7][8] JFK is located in the Jamaica neighborhood of Queens,[9] 16 miles (26 km) southeast of Midtown Manhattan. The airport features six passenger terminals and four runways. JFK is one of only six airports in the United States, with LaGuardia Airport, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Chicago-O’Hare, San Francisco International and Los Angeles International, that is used as hub for more than one of the three U.S. mainline carriers. JFK is a hub for both American Airlines and Delta Air Lines, and it is the primary operating base for JetBlue. JFK was also formerly a hub for Pan Am, TWA, Eastern, National, and Tower Air. The facility opened in 1948 as New York International Airport [10][11] and was commonly known as *Idlewild Airport(John F. Kennedy International Airport - Wikipedia) Following John F. Kennedy’s assassination in 1963, the airport was renamed John F. Kennedy International Airport as a tribute to the 35th President.

JFK Airport Chart

Event Info:
Date and Time: 2020-12-31T21:00:00Z
Server: Expert
Route: KSTL-KJFK via KCLT
Airline: American Airlines
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

NOTAMS: Please spawn in 10 minutes prior to departure so that all of us can be prepared to depart on time at both airports. Note that there will not be ATC for both destinations, so you will be using unicom appropriately. Copy flight plan from me with the SIDS, STARS and APP at all airports.

First Flight: American Airlines Flight 1894
Origin: St. Louis Lambert Int’l Airport (KSTL)
Destination: Charlotte Douglas Int’l Airport (KCLT)
Departure Time: 2020-12-31T21:00:00Z
Flight Time: 2hrs

Gate Assignment:

Gate Pilot
C6 @tjb0709
C8
C10 @United.sandwitch
C12 @Treat
C16 @Udeme_Ekpo
C18
C24

Arrival Gate @ Charlotte

Second Flight: American Airlines Flight 2256
Origin: Charlotte Douglas Int’l Airport (KCLT)
Destination: New York John F. Kennedy Airport (KJFK)
Departure Time: 2021-01-01T00:00:00Z
Flight Time: 1hr 50mins

Gate Assignments

Gate Pilot
C2
C4
C6 @Treat
C8 @tjb0709
C10 @United.sandwitch
C12
C14 @Udeme_Ekpo

JFK Airport Arrival Terminal

And that’s the event that is happening on New Year’s Eve. So if you are interested in this event, feel free to sign up and I will send you the Event Chat to remind you tomorrow with the Departure Info and Arrival Info along with Speeds, Alts, and V/S.

1 Like

This one please!

1 Like

Alrighty, you’re signed up for this event. See you there tomorrow!

I’ll join this event, thanks @Udeme_Ekpo for being a super organiser

1 Like

Which gate do you like @tjb0709?

1 Like

Take your pick thanks

1 Like

@tjb0709, I put you at Gate C6 departure from KSTL-KCLT and Gate C8 KCLT-KJFK

1 Like

may I have a gate for tomorrow. I don’t mind which one I get. thanks.

1 Like

@Nick_Baumann, I put you for gate C8 KSTL-KCLT and Gate C12 KCLT-KJFK

1 Like

ok perfect. thanks

1 Like

Guys, I have a meeting from 7 AM to 12 PM so I will push this event back to 1:00 PM

1 Like

Got it @Udeme_Ekpo 😎

2020-12-31T19:00:00Z

1 Like

No, its 1:00 PM 1800 zulu time.

1 Like

It’s tomorrow at 1:00 PM the event

1 Like

I will attend

1 Like

Alright, I will delay it for 4:00 PM today because I’m gonna go out with my family to buy food for New Years and get something to give my family in St. Louis.

@Treat, I put you at Gate C12 KSTL-KCLT and Gate C6 KCLT-KJFK so you are set

there will be a 3 hour delay. right?

Yep because I have something to do with my family so the event is @ 2100Z which is 4:00 PM ET, 3:00 PM CT, 1:00 PM PT

I have to cancel then

1 Like