(Finally) Up In The Air Again

First Gliding Impressions Of 2020

Hello everyone,

as some of you may know, I’m a glider pilot and love my hobby. Because I know that everyone here loves aviation I thought „why not share some pictures and try get some of you convinced to check out your nearest gliding club?“. Here you go, hope you enjoy! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask! I’m happy to help and I’m sure many fellow glider pilots here on the forum are too! :)

Due to the current situation, gliding, as well as many other sports, were not allowed to take place here in Germany. After weeks of waiting, we finally had the approval to take off again last weekend.
I flew my check flight as soon as possible and hopped into the next available plane on my own.

My club‘s Astir CS waiting for the winch start

View down on my home town (curios if someone guesses the city)

Some juicy Cumulus Clouds

The instrument panel

Hope you enjoyed! Looking forward to have a nice season, if everything goes according to plan some more (spectacular) pictures will come soon!

34 Likes

Ohh, very nice :)

2 Likes

Looks very cool! I find gliding very interesting!

1 Like

The second photo is amazing!

1 Like

Think about taking a flight at your nearest gliding club, I’m sure they’d be happy to have you! :)

1 Like

I miss flying…
Nice photos!

1 Like

What’s the issue?

1 Like

I just miss it in general, I can’t fly because of COVID

1 Like

Looked really fun! I’m thinking about joining a glider club myself, I live in The Netherlands.

1 Like

Sad to hear. Hoping the best for you.

1 Like

Looks like great fun! Hope you had a blast

1 Like

I did! Looking forward to return to the „normal“ life at the airfield. We currently need to wear masks inside the cockpit, that’s really uncomfortable, especially with sunglasses on.

Swiss001: You can always go around.
Glider pilots:

Gliders must not be easy to pilot! Kudos!

1 Like

Lower Saxony, Germany

2 Likes

Ookay :D
True, I’m guessing you’re from Denver, CO :D

Heheh yup that is very true indeed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.