Fighting Fire.. With Fire?

The Swedish Air force is currently battling it’s new enemy. A forest fire, The Local-Sweden says, a forest fire has been burning in central Sweden for nearly two weeks. The wildfire, burning near Älvdalen, is in a difficult area for firefighters to reach. Even worse, the forest fire is located in an old firing range littered with unexploded military ordnance, making it hazardous even if fire crews could reach the area.

2 Likes

Surprised this spread all the way to Alaska 👀

It’s desperate times over here… and usually those times requires some odd solutions :)

11 Likes

Lol It’s on a Fire Bomber pilot group I am in, thought it was real cool!

Stay safe, we just had a massive fight light up Monday over 4300 acres so far. It’s growing like mad lol

3 Likes

I watched a documentary on the wildfire in California, it’s on Netflix. They were doing similar things, they were setting out boundaries then intentionally setting fire so that it won’t burn afterwards and get out of control, very interesting stuff.

2 Likes

Yep they’re called Hot shots! My cousins use to do that

2 Likes

Do you know what they should do they should get a DC-10 Water Tanker

1 Like

They’re all on contract in the US fighting fires in Oregon, Cali and Washington

3 Likes

And the 747 water tanker? That would help I think!

1 Like

On contract in the US lol

2 Likes

Oooi succes man! You guys are doing a great job! :)

2 Likes

After a week vacation in the sun staking Japan, i thought I’d be cooling off back in Sweden, but oh boy, what do i face, Forest fire and dry air at 31 degrees Celcius…😵

This is some very unusual heat ☀️
Although it is said that it’ll rain over the weekend, hopefully that’ll solve the problems a little bit.

2 Likes

May I ask what the name of the documentary is?

1 Like

It’s called Fire chasers

4 Likes

Yep @01lundgren is correct, it’s a great watch.

2 Likes

The Help has arrived, and it’s called “The Rain of Mother Nature”. Although it’s more like a thunderstorm with beautiful lightning bolts 🌩🌧

Haven’t seen rain like this in years now… but i love it 😍

Dang it! The Internet speed got significantly slower along with the storm… and there’s a fire hazard in my house… 😬

I’d rather have fast WIFI and Forest fire instead… 😂

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.