Fighter jets

It is really hard to fly the fighter jets especilaly the a 10 using the auto pilot spins uncontrollably mid flight and falls to the earth happens on a regular basis and it happens with the f 16 and f 14 and f22 I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game p

4 Likes

Hello!
I can’t say i have experienced this.
What altitude and speed are you experiencing this issues at?

2 Likes

Hi! What’s you are experiencing is called a flatspin (I think) which occurs when the wing looses airspeed and cannot generate lift. Fly straight, and when pitching up, fly quickly to avoid this.

1 Like

Thanks for replying! One more thing when I descend vertically downwards in a jet and then pull back on the stick hard the planes flaps indicate that the plane will stabilize as in increase its altitude but instead it falls from the sky

Descend vertically? Like a harrier? I’m very confused.

1 Like

No as in it just falls from the sky but it turns out I need more speed but why don’t fighter jets like the f16 and f 14 have auto pilot and why don’t they add a cockpit to the a 10 and make the f 18s look better?

In an a 10 it happens at around 5000-12000 feet air speed 320-345 knots

That takes time and effort from the Dev’s to add cockpit models and such to the fighters when they are working on another project. Which happens to be the MD11/DC10 right now. Also I don’t belive the fighters have auto pilot in real life or they would have already added it I would guess.

1 Like

Most of them do have auto pilot switches :)

4 Likes

Most fighters irl have autopilot. They are adding this in the next update.

4 Likes

Finally thanks for letting me know! Do you know by any chance when the update will be coming out?

1 Like

And also in the a 10 With auto pilot on the plane rocks back and forth weird

1 Like

Where did you read that they are adding A/P for fighters in the next update? I remember reading it somewhere but forget exactly where.

2 Likes

This is mainly an issue with the A-10 and the f/a-18 the jets need an update their nothing that could be done technically it’s up to the aircraft developers

2 Likes

Nobody knows for sure. It is close to being done though.

3 Likes

I saw it on an Instagram comments section. Someone commented “wow. Those fighters are flying smoothly” to which Laura replied “its almost like they’re on autopilot ;)”

So I’m assuming that autopilot will be added for fighters,

4 Likes

Fighters aren’t my specialty 👍 xD

2 Likes

That sounds good! Can’t wait tbh

1 Like

why has the F22 flight model changed since the update?

2 Likes

I belive it was because the flight model (own air flows over the aircraft) was wrong and needed to be changed.

2 Likes