Female only Air Race Classic in Infinite Flight?

I’ve never been to air races so I’m just curious how it works? Is the timing captured between 2 airport legs, and the shortest timing for the entire race wins?

I have a general understanding of racing by feet, cars, sailboats but planes is just a little outside of my knowledge xD I can’t picture planes attacking corners with a few other planes since over taking would be so dangerous =p

1 Like

Look up Reno Air Races

3 Likes

Ok. So they will all takeoff and be timed for each plane. From 1 airport to the next. Once they end the fastest time wins.

2 Likes

I’m not female, but we need more female pilots!

1 Like

I like this idea, showcasing female pilots but also allowing others to participate in some capacity.

1 Like

I mean, equality about including both genders right? I don’t think separating them would build a bond between the two. If you have male only races, and female only races, I feel that this community could have a(n) (uneven) split between male and female. I don’t think we should do this.

11 Likes

Those would just be called races as the vast majority of pilots are males. Let the girls have their fun

2 Likes

That’s not very fair to the boys however. If girls get their own race, boys should get theirs. No event we have done on this community is restricted to one gender. If we do it for one, we should do it for the other.

10 Likes

Or we acknowledge the fact that we outnumber girls 20:1 in any event we do, essentially making every even men only and give them an event for themselves.

4 Likes

Or, we don’t consider gender a factor in limiting event participation, as it shouldn’t be considered.

4 Likes

Why not? Why shouldn’t they, the minority, be allowed to have an event for themselves. It’s one event a year, you guys can live without it.

3 Likes

Referring to my post above, I actually like the idea that Levet proposed- maybe the event is expanded to multiple parts- there will be a women-only race to preserve the IRL tradition, and then there’s another race where anyone can participate. The answer to increasing female participation isn’t shutting everyone else out.

2 Likes

In my opinion it shouldn’t happen. Why would we discriminate men and not allow them to participate? It’s the same as denying a woman a job just because she is a woman. We as a society are trying to stop discrimination from happening, yet it seems to me, this idea is here trying to promote it?

And it doesn’t matter how many times the event happens @Robertdiaz123 . Discrimating just one woman out of a job once is still discrimination. Allowing an event where it’s strictly enforced that only women are allowed is discrimination. In the real world, it’s straight up illegal.

In this community we accept everyone, no matter the gender, race or beliefs. Introducing this event and only allowing women to attend goes against what the values of the community are. We should strive to maintain these values, not to stray away from them.

8 Likes

I would say yes because females should be acknowledged the same way as males

4 Likes

We don’t have male-only events. This is invalid.

1 Like

Females are always discriminated they should get a chance

4 Likes

Well this is just plain untrue

2 Likes

What do you mean

2 Likes

I feel like this topic has escalated more than it should have. I think we have shared enough opinions here. Could we bring this to PM nicely?

2 Likes

You can’t promote being anti-discriminant while being discriminatory yourself.

That being said, how many female players do we have on the forums, none come to my mind other than Laura, so that could result in low attendance. If there is an event such as this I think this idea is good:

Not really much of a race then is it. And if you already said you were going to host it l, what was the point of making this topic @HadenJohnson.

5 Likes