Female only Air Race Classic in Infinite Flight?

So today I come to you with a opportunity for female pilots in infinite flight to show off their best fly skills. The Air Race classic(ARC) is a once a year event that will fly all around the U.S. Pilots are able to use the c172 and sr22. The next race will start at my home airport KMKL and fly all around central and eastern U.S.

What do yall think?
Should we have one of these races in infinite flight to show some attention on female pilots?

Actual Website:Race Information (Air Race Classic, Inc.)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

Not gonna give you the copy and pasted message, but you need to be TL2 to post in #live:events

Thanks

2 Likes

Not an event. So no need to post in an event category when it’s not an event

2 Likes

What is it if not an event?

An event is a group of people at an airport at a set time flying somewhere.

2 Likes

In the world we live in today, we should allow anyone to participate in anything. We should not just focus on one gender. Anyone should be given the opportunity to participate in a free event. That is just my personal thought

19 Likes

Let’s say this was a male-only event. Doesn’t sound fair? Then why should we have a female-only event? It goes both ways. The event shouldn’t take gender into consideration.

21 Likes

Read on the website.

3 Likes

Could you please provide a link to this website?

2 Likes

Check the post

2 Likes

Just because it happens in real life doesn’t mean I agree with the base of the concept. Women and men should be racing together.

2 Likes

Because of the enormous amount of male pilots compared to female pilots you have many female only races and groups in the U.S. it’s just how we do it round here.

3 Likes

Really? 🤔

2 Likes

The Air Race Classic is the epicenter of women’s air racing

Welcome to The ARC page

2 Likes

I like the concept, to be honest.

Women are the minority in the aviation community. Glad they finally have an event where they can all come together and show off their incredible pilotage! 🙂👍

8 Likes

Ahh. My apologies. I only read the basic event information. I also think this “event” conversation has escalated to much. Unfortunately many people have may opinions about this event

1 Like

Folks if I may,

I don’t believe the OP meant for any of this to lead to bickering and disagreement! Read the quoted portion of the original post again. :)

@HadenJohnson in the communities defense, initially your topic was not complete and was missing valuable information.

My opinion, this is the first I’ve really heard of this annual event and thank you for presenting something to the community that could bring more attention to women in aviation. If there was enough interest in this I would be in strong support of an event featuring this classic and the prerequisites. Maybe there could be multiple events or classes so that the whole community could get engaged while showing their support for women aviators.

12 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately most of us (including me) failed to read this quote. I personally like this idea to give attention to female pilots. I would definitely join for a portion of this adventure

2 Likes

The hole event is to support women to get into aviation. But only women fly. But yall could go and watch them land or open ATC to instruct them to their destination.

2 Likes

Theres the route incase yall want to fly it. Or didnt see it on the website. If I get tl2 in time for the race I will host an event for it and I dont care if only 1 girl comes. It’s still a girl in the race.

2 Likes

I also need the ifairport editing team to get the airport finished in time. It’s being reworked rn but I need to contact the guy doing it and show him the parking in the hangars cause I want to have the parking be right.

1 Like