Feedback request: In-Flight Operations - automatically generated flight reports (ACARS/PIREP) & more! (Public Beta is open!)

This application looks great. You did a lot of work here. I can’t wait to try it out.

Well, do I have good news for you - you can try it out! :) In-Flight Operations: Public Beta (iOS)

Pilot up there is no excuses in landing hard. lol I’m kidding

I just did my first flight with it. Aside from the known runway issues it seemed to have worked just fine. I’ll do some more with it. I had a very smooth landing but I’m not sure it was 0 ft/min smooth. Seemed like it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Works great John !
I too had a smooth landing, but not sure it was 0 VS.

Works like a charm but if you do realise it on the App Store, please let it be free.

You are right, here. No excuse, only casualties… :)

Thanks so much, you guys! @AviationGaming @GBIRD @Jeremy_H Could you keep the beta feedback to the beta thread, however? I’d like to keep this thread more for general feedback about the app for now.

Thanks!

This app looks amazing!

Would it be possible to record the weather at the departure and arrival airports? Even just METARs?

@epaga Oops! Thought I was on that thread, I’m sorry!

Just another thing that came to me by using the text report: what about a field with just the fligtplan as string, Waypoints separates with Blanks.
This would allow to copy the FP from a PIREP and past it in the search field in IF to fly it again no matter if it was yours or a published one from somebody else.

I know this is always a super unpopular request but would you consider releasing on Android as well? I really enjoy in-flight assistant, it’s a great tool, and I appreciate the huge effort it is to release to both iOS and Android.

I’m sure he’ll do his best. Let him finish the IOS version and see how it runs, and then maybe he can work on an Android version. Not sure how all the coding stuff works, but I’m sure it’ll also depend on what he knows how to do as well.

@epaga I think it would be cool if there was something that specifies weather there was an active atc on duty. Not sure if you could do that or not. Then maybe there could be a {>MLW} in the fuel usage summary if the aircraft was operating with fuel above MLW. Great job with the app! Look forward to using it in the future.

As posted in the beta topic:

I think I’m gonna put in a suggestion.

I often forget to return to the app first before ending my flight so my report is incomplete. It would be nice to have a notification to remind you to check back cause I often forget.

Just posted this info in the Public Beta thread. ^

I’ve got a question. Is there any way the flight reports could be sent directly to VAM? Maybe in ACARS reports? Is there a way to code that?

Yes, but that’s on the coding side of your VAM. Just add a line where they can upload an image with their flight report

Thanks! I don’t know anything about coding but I was hoping it was possible.

You know I have one question to ask… Any plans for android?