FedEx Express ships 91K pounds of PPE to New Hampshire | MD-11F Spotting

Hi everyone!
Today, we got a surprise visit of a FedEx Express MD-11F to the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport!
Not only was this special to us, but this flight carried essential PPE so that the Medical teams here in NH can be kept safe from COVID-19.

I went to MHT to spot this special occasion, as we rarely get an MD-11F into MHT!

Read Articles here:

Pictures

FedEx MD-11F on Final, with Southwest right behind

FedEx on short final

Taxiing off the Runway. It came with the much needed PPE for Medical staff here in NH

91,000lbs of PPE being offloaded at the FedEx Ramp

Front View

Taxiing for Departure

Turning onto Runway 17

Right after departing, heading back to Memphis, TN empty

A Faraway shot of the MD-11

Thanks for viewing my topic! I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

43 Likes

Great shots!
well done!!!
keep it up!

1 Like

Wait a sec… it came from SHANGHAI??? That’s a long one

I forgot to mention it made a stop in Anchorage, AK before coming here.

It did come from Shanghai though

3 Likes

Ah that makes more sense, still a really cool flight tho

Anchorage makes me laugh. Without the freight it would never be nearly as busy of an airport. The location and long runways makes it a perfect stop over from aircraft coming from Asia to the U.S. and since the demand for freight between China, Japan, and Korea to the United States is so strong, it makes a lot of planes fly the routes. But that’s quite a long flight. Anchorage allows for airlines to save millions of dollars by allowing aircraft to stop in anchorage and refuel and not have to load significantly more fuel on board to make the entire journey.

3 Likes

Great shots man! Love the NH representation!

1 Like

Am I the only one that thought the gear were missing
😬

3 Likes

Well with the taxiway being lower than the runway, it looks like it doesn’t have landing gears, but they are there

1 Like

Excellent shots! Keep up the good work and I can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

I kinda don’t see what’s funny 😂

It does save airlines a lot of money, allows connections that would otherwise never happen, it helped the first transpacific, and Europe to Asia flights get started

1 Like

Very impressive

1 Like
3 Likes

I love the MD-11, always wanted to go see the one UPS sends here, but god knows I’m not going to be up and at the airport at 4 am 😂

1 Like

Great shots!

1 Like

Lucky you for catching this one! Thanks for the pics!

1 Like

Oh wow! Very cool!

1 Like

Great shots!
Well done!

1 Like

@Populeux_Music @Rilej_aviation Did we predict the future by doing sort of the same thing? Coincidence I THINK NOT

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words 😊

Anchorage is freaking amazing.