FedEx 705 "Fight For Your Life" Aviation Investigation

This is not a recent event to those who may be confused.
This has been one of the most powerful aviation investigations I have ever watched. For those who love seeing the absolute bravery and nobility of pilots flying commercially I encourage you to watch this.
I actually tear up when I think of these heroic pilots. The horrors they endured to keep everyone else safe haunts me. It’s so sad.
I won’t say any spoilers to those just watching it but when you get to the end you’ll see why my respect for pilots has vastly increased since I watched this video. #respectforpilots

(WARNING: There are extremely violent scenes in this video. If you are prone to fear of blood, savage body blows, or any sort of violence I do not recommend you watch this. It is very gruesome and gory.)

16 Likes

On the warning i am the other way round. This one is probably my favourite

2 Likes

My favorite as well…so brave

4 Likes

Is this the jumbo in Dubai??

1 Like

No. a FedEx DC10 out of Memphis

3 Likes

No, that was a UPS 747 if I am not mistaken, so sad that one tho, especially about the co-pilot

2 Likes

I don’t think I watched that one

2 Likes

PM me some deatails i t cmon I’ve seen it just can’t remember and don’t have time to watch it

1 Like

So surprising the plane didn’t break up when he tried to do acrobatics with the plane.

4 Likes

I watched this one a few days a go! Absolutely amazing Episode to watch. It actually bought a tear to my eye.

4 Likes

A truly horrific event.
Luckily they sirvived. Careers were destroyed though.

Did you notice that right before touchdown, the aircraft in the shot is a 747?!

7 Likes

Very touchy, human story. I guess there have been hundreds of similar situations out there in the sky, which no one will ever know about.

I just read the Wikipedia entry for this, it brought a lump to my throat reading it, and I knew most of the details of this incident before! Will watch the episode in next few days.

It is one of the things that annoys me in ‘reconstructions’ and also films where they are talking about one type of aircraft and then show some stock footage of something completely different. Especially in todays modern age it doesn’t take two minutes to correctly research to ensure things are correct! It can spoil a whole film or documentary!

2 Likes

ive watched a lot of this air crash investigation but the better ones are the heroic ones where they land safely like cactus 1549

1 Like

How awesome is this! I’m constantly saying punch him, punch him! Or something to do with flying.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is prone to the fear of blood, you might not like it, but your genes don’t say “OH NO, BLOOD!” and scare you

I watched this series before. Wow this is a dangerous escape!

1 Like

Half my family are afraid of blood and i have some friends who will faint if they see more then a nose bleed amount of blood.

I actually found myself emotiaonlly investing I never this episode haha. “Get him hit him with that hammer” type deal

2 Likes

yeah i heard, you cried you said. calloway atempet to crash the plane in order to support money to his family