Feature Request Idea

Hi all,

So today I was thinking of (I think) a good idea for making “Feature Requests” here on the IFC/discourse. It’s a pretty simple idea. It’s where you can only make a feature request if you have at least one vote left, and it auto votes one of your own votes to the topic.

Thanks for reading and post your ideas below!

6 Likes

What would this be useful for? I don’t understand the purpose of this.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t specify that. It would be so people wouldn’t keep making stupid requests that they themselves didn’t even vote for. And it would also keep the thread cleaner.

2 Likes

I may be extra stupid, but i still don’t understand any of this.

7 Likes

Personally, I don’t think this would be needed, but at the same time it would be nice to have.

I think he means implementing some sort of system where people have to vote for their own feature requests.

Which is actually a good idea. No point making a request if you won’t vote for your own topic.

3 Likes

Sorry if you don’t understand, I’ll try to make it clearer.

2 Likes

Oh. Well, go tell Discourse that. We can’t do much about their plugins i’m afraid.

3 Likes

Yes this is what I mean.

The computer would auto-vote.

Oh ok that’s cool, I’ll try to bring it up with discourse.

1 Like

Or we could just make it so that moderators close all feature requests that haven’t been voted for by their original posters.

2 Likes

This isn’t very useful.

2 Likes

That is one idea i don’t like. (Revenge for your hate towards the Comet + it would be a huge pain to keep track of it)

6 Likes

This is supposed to help the moderators out though. That’s one of the things I want to avoid.

1 Like

Or you could just automate it like with the 3 months of inactivity thing.

I don’t take back a single word of what I said about the Comet

That would require modification of the plugin i guess… up to Discourse i’d say.

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for answering my question guys, looks like it’s discourse who has to do it, if anyone does.

Perhaps discuss about it here https://meta.discourse.org

1 Like

I agree with this idea 100%. It’s a waste for a person to make a request and not vote for their own thing, but there is a big down side to this. If that person have no votes and they create a feature request, it would be wrong to prevent a person from creating one. It could be a good request.

@nicochile2 All planes should be in history

1 Like