So, I’m not sure if this exists, but I felt it should be refreshed either way.
Many people fly around the world every hour. It’s a common mode of transport nowadays. But there are still people who have a fear of flying.
Is there any advice for these people that you guys have/know of?
This can be ways to prepare yourself for a flight, things to do in flight, ways to get rid of the fear entirely etc.
ANYTHING you know of, comment here, and let’s help the world get better with flying!
Some basics I know of:
- Flying is one of the safest modes of transport, if not THE safest.
- There are Flight Therapy courses you can get, and they are run by different airlines (ie - EasyJet).
- If you get to choose, sit away from the window, if a fear of heights combines with your fear of flying.
Other things the community have thought of:
- Occupy yourself with music, films etc
- Look into aircraft and how they work
- Have a conversation with a fellow passenger
- Try and counter your fear. Eg - if your fear is of the sound, listen to some music. If your fear is seeing things during flight, such as takeoffs, don’t sit near a window and bring a visual distraction, such as a phone or watch a film
- Visit a large airshow, which features a lot of airliners (ie - Paris, Dubai etc).