Favourite London Airport?

So, we decided that our favourite non-London airport was Manchester by a 47% minority vote. But what is your favourite London airport?

This poll can include either from a real world pax. perspective, or your experience as an IF pilot.

• Heathrow
  • Gatwick
  • Stansted
  • Luton
  • City

0 voters

2 Likes

Gatwick as an IF pilot, Heathrow as an aviation enthusiast.

London City, ever since I found out about that British Airways A318 to JFK from LCY, I have been so interested. And next year I’m booking a trip.

2 Likes

Luton from a passenger perspective, Heathrow from an avgeek perspective.

Anyday Heathrow. Awesome Terminal 5 for BA

As a live in the UK, they need to add a North Region. Including Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool, Newcastle and lots more. I think they should just expand the London region. But my favourite is London City

London City, mainly because of its approach!

1 Like

Luton is closest to me but I hate flying from there, Heathrow is my preferred choice especially as T2 is now open again.
I’ve never found Stansted enjoyable.
Best small airport I’ve flown from was Southampton, has anyone else flown from Southampton? What did you think?

Why do you hate LTN?

I used LTN for years, but it’s not a passenger friendly airport, it’s £2 just to drop off or pick up -Heathrow is free, there’s always massive ques at security, I’ve been through Heathrow and a few large European hubs at Easter, Christmas ect and their security was always quicker, even with a large volume of passengers. Also the departure lounge at Luton is too small especially in the morning, if there’s a few delays that means an extra 300-400 people hanging around.
Last time I came through there, I remember thinking the arrivals, baggage reclaim and immigration areas where just run down & unpleasant, not a good first impression of the U.K. ( even if the rest of the U.K. Is like that 😉) I do have good memories of LTN from childhood, my first flights were from there on a Britania 737-200 & Monarch 720B.

I love this work http://transforminglla.com

2 Likes

Well if they can improve Luton that would be great, but I’ll steer well clear while they’re doing the work!

1 Like

When the a320 comes out EGMC will be a cave for me so I can fly easyjet there

I’m so excited that I can fly Wizz Air in/out of Luton!

1 Like