Favourite aviation-related movies and short films

Hey Everybody, I hope everybody had an awesome Christmas and hope you guys have a rocking New Year. As a part of Christmas tradition, every year my family would take turns choosing what movie we would watch. This year, I chose the movie that we would watch. I chose Sully because I never watched it before. That got me thinking, what are your favourite aviation movies?

Notice: Any argument regarding which movie is better will be flagged as off topic.

My favourite aviation-related movie would be TopGun. I definitely recommend this movie if you haven’t seen it. That’s my favourite movie, what about you?

2 Likes

The Concorde Airport ‘79. This is old but it’s a good one ;)

1 Like

And btw, Top Gun is also great! Especially with my favorite actor Tom Cruise starring.

1 Like

Airplane! is really funny. For those of you who haven’t seen it, surely you can find the time.

8 Likes

It is! Definitely recommend it

2 Likes

Gotta say ‘Sully’ was pretty good. Crazy to see all the investigations he went through!

13 Likes

Almost forgot about that one!

1 Like

I found ‘flight’ quite interesting! Don’t think many will be a fan of it in the community though.

2 Likes

Why??? Is it scary?

1 Like

Not really scary, just not 100% aviation related because it also focuses on the main characters alcohol addiction too.

1 Like

Oh I see, I just searched it up. I actually watched some clips of it before. They clearly used a MD-80 and then modified it a bit

1 Like

I can find the time… And don’t call me Surely!

2 Likes

Hot shots. Anyone who’s watched this will know why

1 Like

Sully, Apollo 13, and the right stuff are good ones

2 Likes

Everybody go look up ‘Airplane Vs. Volcano.’ Worst movie I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

‘Nonstop’ is one of my personal favorites to watch! Would recommend it to anyone who’s looking for an action/aviation movie.

2 Likes

Snakes on the Plane. Now that’s trully brilliant!!

4 Likes

Air Force One is a pretty good film. Not 100% accurate but really entertaining. Does the Bee Movie Count? ;)

3 Likes

If your curious about cannibalism, I recommend watching ‘Alive.’ Just saying…

1 Like

Air Force One was the first aviation movie I watched. Was my favorite movie until Sully came out. Other than J J the jet plane.

3 Likes