Favorite Winglet

Winglets are a part of nearly every aircraft at this point, helping them go further, smoother, and more efficiently. So what’s your favorite? Post the aircraft, type of winglet if the aircraft has multiple, and a picture. (with applicable credits). Have fun!

4 Likes

Here’s mine. The ERJ-175 LR/SE winglet. It’s big, clunky looking, and sticks way out, but I love it for some reason… 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://live.staticflickr.com/2899/14595291752_a674811116_b.jpg

5 Likes

None
I just don’t like winglets

https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/5/54541_1554169280.jpg

6 Likes

Someone is sure to say the A350, but my favourite is probably the A319’s as it looks perfect as a shark let, but a winglet would make it look out of proportion.0_britishairways_21686866744377jpeg

Credits: Mirror

4 Likes

@Latvia yes, you called it. I’m going to be that person that says the A350. 😊
It’s such a sleek, smooth looking part of the plane.

19 Likes

The A319’s winglet is the same as the A318, A320, A321 and A380

1 Like

Not sure if you mixed up words of pictures here, but the ones pictured are Airbus’s “signature winglets” the sharklets are the bigger more conventional ones…

2 Likes

Don’t know if it counts, but the 777X winglet is my favorite :)

11 Likes

My favourite would have to be either the A321 neo sharklet or the original 737-800 winglet, i think the scimitar winglets are just to pointy and don’t look good.

4 Likes

My favorite winglet is the split winglet used on the Boeing 737 Next Generation series.

9 Likes

Well I guess they do become a wingtip. And eaven on planes that don’t have an obvious winglet (ie. 787, 777) the wingtips are very carefully designed to achieve the same effect…

2 Likes

I personally like the MAX winglets. They are simple and fit the aircraft perfectly.

3 Likes

It sort of counts

1 Like

Lemme tell y’all a lil somethin’…MAX AT winglets > all other winglets. No debate. Sorry.

18 Likes

Hmm, odd question. Here are mine:

On a side note, wingtips look just as well on some aircraft

9 Likes

Obviously the MAX

2 Likes

Agreed, they made the splits bigger and chunkier. I really like them…

2 Likes

So you just like all the winglets… 😂

3 Likes

Haha 😂 I guess

2 Likes

Ehh…

The 727 and 747 are fine, but not a big fan of Airbus’ traditional wingtip fences.

2 Likes