Favorite Part of a Plane Ride?

What do you miss most about a plane ride?

Probably the talks with the captain after landing…

9 Likes

Additionally, the only time pilots should use this request is when requesting a departure from the pattern when doing pattern work.

7 Likes

Just to let you know I’m not too far out. Arriving in an Iberia A359. What can I expect?

Another topic that is very common is when you indicate “Exit runway Left / Right Cross runway XX and contact the ground” and they come to Hold Short and ask “Request permission to cross runway XX” 🤷🏽‍♂️

2 Likes

I see that a lot too, but at the same time I’m also IFATC and I make that mistake quite often simply because I miss the “cross runway xx” instruction. I think we also do need to accept that a lot of people do know these things, but no one is perfect and we slip up sometimes.

2 Likes

Thanks for this I’ve seen a huge incline in these. As it doesn’t affect the way we control and is minor, it’s good to know this as all you need when departing after takeoff is a freq handoff or change.

2 Likes

@AVPA99. MaxSez: I tend to disagree with your negative interpretation of the Pilot Request; “Request” Departure to the (Direection). “Pilots Discretion” Applies

A reviewer of the AIM & IF ATC Public Handbook dose not provide any guidance for your interpretation.

May I suggest in future, that prior to Posting what May appeared as procedural guidance it be vetted by Staff or any IFACT Trainer.

Just Sayin, Max

(🔥Arrow!, The Wagoneers Circle Again. Extraneous/ Extemporaneous supportive comments are really unnecessary)

@AVPA99. MaxSez: Everyone has their moments, but this is not yours. A pilots discretion is sacrosanct! After all he is the decision-maker…
If it ain’t in the book it ain’t happening, interpretation and opinion is nebulous folly.
Max

(🔥Arrow, Take it to PM if you choose. My last comment this thread)

1 Like

I like in every plane ride is the takeoff where the plane shows the power of it’s engines

1 Like

landing in my opinion

1 Like

That moment you are finally feeling safe on the ground

2 Likes

nope i rate the smoothness

2 Likes

I always love takeoff and departure. I love soaring out of an airport, and getting the nice low ground view of the terrain around you.

1 Like

I’d recommend creating a separate thread for this instead of editing your original post.

It’s a bit confusing reading the first and last replies. At first, I wasn’t sure what this topic was about.

4 Likes

That feeling when just taking off.
Also that noise when the engines start.

1 Like

GE90 sounds on pushback of the 777’s

1 Like

Got to be take off for me. Nothing like the feeling of being pushed back into the seat as the power kicks in. :)

1 Like

Yeah. Having a chat with the pilots and the crew is always fun.

I also think the landing is great.

Take off, landing, turbulence, and snacks, when riding. When pilot take off landing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.