Favorite Infinite flight update

For those who have had IF for a long time, you may remember when global was first released or When the TBM was released with a live cockpit. This is where you can share your favorite IF update od milestones.

Please remember not to ask when there will be more updates, you can go to https://infiniteflight.com/timeline to find Update Information

3 Likes

I have a full list of Infinite Flight updates here if anyone needs it:

For me it was definitely the Global update. It made IF into an almost completely different experience, I could never go back.

Live was another feature that made that made the sim what it is today. Unfortunately I wasn’t very active at the time, so I didn’t experience it until several years later.

5 Likes

Hmmm…this is difficult 😂🤣😂🤣

Obviously the Global Update.

if anyone says anything other than Global then I will just despair - what’s better than Global scenery

2 Likes

When infinite flight multiplayer first came out

1 Like

Mine was probably 19.4 or 18.2

2 Likes

I got IF after global so it’s 19.4

1 Like

I remember some memories before global. And I stopped for a little, came back just after global, so I do t remember that. Since I’ve really started playing IF and on the IFC, my favorite update has to be 19.2 or 19.4.

2 Likes

I found Infinite Flight just after Global came out. So, may favorite Infinite Flight updates have been:

18.6, when the 737 got its soft rework (and got Alaska Airlines new liveries), and we got the A-10 with live instruments, setting the ground work for all future aircraft to have live instruments.

19.4, where we got a new C172 (with the CAP livery!), the long-awaited A350, the TBM live cockpit, and the awesome new map.

2 Likes

I have been with IF since basically the start. I remember back in its early days my buddy and I would sit in the same room on our own devices pretending we were flying together. For that reason the Live update has to be my favorite.

2 Likes

The addition of the 737 leading into the hype of Live!

3 Likes

FYI: The original non global versions were probably the reason why we have most of the five mil plus pilots today since you could almost endlessly loop in about a 250 nm region perimeter in a prop with unlimited fuel as long as your internet connection and AP was stable and you stayed awake to make turn changes…so in that respect they served their purpose for the most dedicated pilots on the sim !

1 Like

Global is likely the best business decision do IF as it became the selling point then. Been playing since the Q400 came about with hiatuses here and there but stayed for Global.

Past favourite has to be the Global update it changed everything apart from being able to fly across the globe you could set you flight plan and it would do the course changes for you rather than you having to do them manually.

But recent ones or upcoming ones for me has to be the 777 rework I’m looking forward to this

2 Likes

Forgot about NAV mode… I was always flying VFR until then.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you had to change the course manually. That’s why it comes up with the course heading change in one min at the top. Nav didn’t change it for you. Unless I’m mistaken

2 Likes

There’s no 2 ways about this. It has to be global. Took realism to an entire whole new level and to fly the globe in your palms on mobile is just something else.

1 Like

I really don’t know considering I joined after the addition of Global.

I’m gonna have to go with 19.4 and the A320 cockpit update! (Don’t know the version)

1 Like

Global, that was huge (literally). But the addition of clouds in the future might trump global for me.

1 Like

Yeah I’m looking forward to that too

1 Like

the 777 rework will probably be my third favorite update as it is my favorite plane(1st is the multiplayer update and 2nd is the global update.)

2 Likes