[[poll name=“Favoriteearlywidebody”]

• Airbus A300
  • Boeing 747
  • Douglas DC-10
  • Lockheed L-1011 TriStar
  • Ilyushin Il-86
    [/poll]

Regarding the 1st gen of widebodies, or 2nd gen of jetliners

DC-10 is a beauty. I don’t understand why we don’t have trijet.

Trijets are old tech. It seems that more and more users are teenagers (or even pre teens!) that are more interested in the modern planes such as the 787, A350, etc. Once IF runs out of new planes to add, a trijet seems like the logical course of action for them.

2 Likes

Yep I think they nearly covered them all after A320, fingers crossed for taildragger and trijets.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

A350 and 787 are left. 787 will get lots of stigma because it is still in the original shape

@benny1263 Go on computer, hit “Hide results”, revote

@Rotate at least we agree on one airplane ;)

Md-11 forever!

You can’t beat that classic 747 hump, and also the 6 windows up there.

I like the TriStar :)

The Md-11 beats everything (with everything I mean every old metal plane) in my opinion!

Yeah, but we’re talking about early wide body jets. The MD11 didn’t come out till the early 1990’s, when I was just a little boy. ;)

So what’d you rather prefer prior to the MD11?

hmmm, before 1990?

I mean like early 1970’s to late 1980’s.

The A320 came out 1988, but earlier, that’s difficult. Maybe the Dc 9 series? Yeah, Dc9 it is.

That’s narrow body, were talking about wide bodies. Like the 747-100, Tristar, DC10, A300 etc.

lol, whooooops. ehrm, ride body, does the dc 8 count as wide body? if not the next one I’d take would be the A300/310 or the 747. There much more around there then!

No not really, I think the DC8 had a configuration of 3-3, like the current 737’s… Well maybe all of the 737’s. It also shared the configuration with the 707.