Favorite aviation themed music

im not sure if this is the right category, so sorry in advance

Sooooooo…
I’ve been seeing a lot of questions like this one asking for opinions, so I thought I’d come up with one! Naturally, every single idea I had was already a thing. Then I was listening to some music some days later, and thought to my self, what good aviation themed music is there? So I decided to make a quick search through the IFC, and found that most aviation music topics have been closed (technology, the boarding music topic is still open, but this is a bit different).
So, what favorite aviation themed music might you listen to?

Here’s what we got so far:

List of songs
  • you can always go around

• Danger Zone (Kenny Loggins)

• Down Under

• Starman (David Bowie)

• Space oddity (David Bowie)

• Butter (Swiss001)

• I’m leaving in a jet plane (John Denver)

• Still I Fly (From Disney’s “Planes”)

• Thomas the TCAS Engine (someone who deserves a Grammy)

• Aces High (Iron Maiden)

Top of the food chain.

8 Likes

“Highway to the danger zone” ring a bell? On a loose note, “Africa” by Toto suits flights that traverse the African continent (LHR-JNB) for example, but overall this song really matches any time you’re above scenery. “Down Under” is also one I listen to when flying in or out of Australian airports, YSSY in particular. But it really comes down to your song taste.

2 Likes

Most certainly this one! This is probably the most important one! I’m gonna go ahead and add a few like Starman and Space oddity, which aren’t exactly aviation, but they’re in the general realm of flight

\Obviously Butter

In all seriousness, it’s pretty good, but @Tsumia has the real song.

1 Like

A classic song

How about Rocketman?

Two words

Danger Zone

I love Top Gun

3 Likes

Thanks for making this thread. I’ve been looking for aviation themed music but it’s all been weird with nothing to do with aviation.

Unfortunately, I don’t really know of any (that haven’t been mentioned) besides “Still I Fly” from the Disney movie, “Planes” 🤷‍♂️

Not sure if it’s a real aviation song though, lol.

1 Like

Every time I hear the song it makes me think of planes cause of this video!

Y E S

2 Likes

The OG butter song

Everyone sleepin on Virgin America

Come fly with me by Frank Sinatra. now THAT’s a classic.

This is my landing song. Especially when I’m flying either the spitfire, or the 744

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.