Favorite Airport IRL

What your favorite airport IRL, I have a few:
TXKF (@anon41771314, also we are getting a new terminal)
KBOS (JetBlue’s Terminal 3 is my favorite of all time)
KATL (good food)

I’m curious to see what yours are!

2 Likes

PANC, PAMR, and KSEA. In that order.

3 Likes

KPVD because of the simple layout, wide range of airlines, it being my home airport, good restaurants, and great planespotting places both in the terminal and around the airport outside of it’s fences!

3 Likes

It would have to be my good ol’ home airport, Lydd Ashford (EGMD) where I fly.

2 Likes

ENGM, very modern and not busy. Great windows and almost every flight is on time 👍

3 Likes

Juneau (PAJN). The scenery is incredible, it’s even better in real life than in IF. And there’s a perimeter path that goes around the airport where you can get super close to the runway. The terminal doesn’t have modern, sleek, or industrial vibes, the terminal feels homey, and has a great atmosphere.

Also KCLT, because it’s my home airport, and it has a variety of flights too.

1 Like

Definitely Austin and Barcelona for me. Austin is my home airport and the whole terminal has basically been refurbished in the last 10 years even though it’s only 20 years old. I lived in Barcelona for a couple of summers and the airport is a really nice one with that classic European style. I really like CLT and BWI as well, they are my favorite places to connect through.

2 Likes

three letters

YVR

the cleanest and Best Airport

Ever.

I feel safe laying on the carpets there

3 Likes

My favorite airport irl are Anchorage (PANC) and San Juan (TJSJ). They both have approaches that have beautiful scenery around and is really cool to watch.

2 Likes

KEWR and KJFK

1 Like

I have a few favs-

KIND: The best airport in America
LFPG: Super cool airport. Also Delta flies there directly from IND soo…
KDTW: The train thing easily outdoes the other contenders like LEBL or KCLT

1 Like

I know, I’m so excited! I remember seeing it grow from a pile of dirt, since I was there when construction started, then left and came back to a steel structure, and last time I was there they were installing the jetbridges and glass! Very excited, no more 37* walks to a very hot terminal.

2 Likes

CYOW, LFPG and GMMN

2 Likes

Toronto Pearson (CYYZ) because I find it’s very quick to get through, especially for a busy airport! :D

1 Like

KORD easily, because in my opinion it is well taken care of, well run, and greatly decorated based on the Chicago lifestyle and around the holidays! Very good service with hundreds of flights in and out every day 💯

2 Likes

I really really like Seattle and Dallas-Love Field. Clean and modern looking airports.

But…

Grand Rapids will always be my favorite because of all the new additions they are constructing.

1 Like

My hometown airport, KSJC :)

2 Likes

Munich. typical German efficiency, but smaller than Frankfurt, so easier to navigate. Only problem is lack of competition makes this airport expensive to fly into. For example, a flight from Budapest May cost upwards of $250 on Lufthansa.

1 Like

I don’t know, the new terminal at Newark looks really good… 👀 (or will soon)

1 Like
  1. Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC/KSJC)

2. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA/KSEA)

3. Portland International Airport (PDX/KPDX)

5 Likes