Faster ATC Commands?

I tried searching for the answer to my question but did not have any luck. How are some controllers shooting off commands so fast when I am fumbling through the command menu and takes me longer? Is there a 3rd party app?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

To the right of the box where you would normally have to sort through the big list of commands, is a “shortcut” menu with recently used commands. From there, you can quickly and effectively send commands.

Also the frequency can become quite back logged so it seems like they are non stop

1 Like

Especially if you are working approach. She can’t talk fast enough.

1 Like

@mhhodges76 yea we really need it to shorten up call signs like they do in RL for that very reason

i saw an idea on another post on removing the commas so that siri won’t take a pause.

Yea but that wouldn’t sound right either

2 Likes

True, would this work? Like you will only hear the ATC voice on siri if 1. it refers to you or 2. the ATC broadcasts a message. (this can be editable on IF settings so you can hear what you want)

Yea I’m sure that could be done but for me while controlling I rely a lot on the sound of the command either sent or being received. Instead of just answering the blinking light and reading what they need before it comes across the frequency. But that’s just me

1 Like

true as i said you can edit it. maybe the ATC can hear the whole thing. I’m not sure there has to be a way

1 Like

Yea that would be nice I just wish they sound cut down the call signs it sucks sending commands then a minute later you hear it over the frequency. It doesn’t tell me if you aknowledge until I see you are following or I hear it

1 Like

yea, the call signs are the reasons for the delays because IFES “indigo foxtrot echo…” people with longer = more time spent waiting.

1 Like

Yes. The call signs are a problem. I also think the speed in which Siri talks could be sped up. The commands could also be shortened. As Brandon said the ils command takes way to long.