Farewell Volotea B712s! End of the 717 in Europe

A Volotea small Mad Dog at Zakynthos Airport in 2019.
Source

Hello everyone 👋
Here is an another bad news.

They were to be retired by 2022.

On January 10, the Spanish airline Volotea did theirs last B717s’s flight into Italy.
The final flights included stops at Cagliari (CAG), Catania (CAT), Genoa (GOA), Naples (NAP), Palermo (PMO), Turin (TRN), and Verona (VRN). From there, the 717s gathered in Venice (VCE).

In the days to come, they will travel to the aircraft graveyard in Victorville, California, thus putting an end to the airline’s and Europe’s relationship with the 717. Blue1, Spanair and Olympic Air operated were the another European 717’s operators.

Volotea is remplacing their small Mad Dog with the A319 (they currently operates 20 of them)…

27 Likes

Nooooooo

2 Likes

Nooo I loved spotting these at LFRK :(

Another one bites the dust

3 Likes

Another one bites the dust (you read my mind @Robertine)

The last living ancestor of the DC-9, gone from Europe. What a sad day for aviation.

4 Likes

sharetw
Source

5 Likes

Another reason for the A319 to be added though

1 Like

F

1 Like

@ClassicAirlinerLover won’t likes that.

2 Likes

Wow. This is very surprising. Sad to see that ViOlEtA B717 gone.

1 Like

Oh no. 🤣🤣

2 Likes

This sucks.

1 Like

It’s already in the sim.

1 Like

No, the Volotea A319 isn’t present into the sim.

Thank you A319.

1 Like

Oh. I though he meant the A319. 🤣

3 Likes

Very sad to see this unique plane go. Never managed to fly on one and these weren’t a common sight either with little operators in Europe overall. I read that Volotea is also getting alt least on A320, which is great for better times to come and a more modernised fleet is certainly a great thing, but it is sad to see another of the rear-engine planes become extinct after the Fokker 100!

1 Like

The plane that was destroyed by the media in Brazil

1 Like

What was that about? Only contact I ever had to the plane was when it was flying for Helvetic, where it had a very good reputation as far as I am aware.

2 Likes

Saw it on the 28th of December had no clue that it was the end😔

4 Likes

Ahh. The Guess the Airline and Aircraft Memories

2 Likes

VoLoTeA a319, BrUhTiSh AiRwAyS, AiR aLgÉriE jEtStAr, ah the memes…

2 Likes