Farewell AAVA

Hello guys,
I’m sad to say AAVA will shut down by 7:00PM EST.This is a shock to everyone who is apart of the Virtual Airline and even the wider Community.We apologize that we have to close down but the VA is doing very poorly and someone else will have to take over.Just notifying our pilots who fly with us for public event so you won’t be confused as of why there aren’t any events.We will resume our journey at BAVA now because they are continuing our routes.We would like to thank everyone that has been actively attending our public events and attending other events that we hosted.Hope you have a good day.

16 Likes

This is an absolute shocker, imo. American VA was a huge VA with a ton of pilots. So many VAs seem to be closing, it’s quite unfortunate.

10 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

4 Likes

Woah I did not see that coming. Sorry to hear that.

6 Likes

I will leave you all with this text message that I sent to my fellow CEOs in the VARB slack.

American Virtual shined back when we opened in November of last year. We got 150 pilots within our first 7 days of operations, it was amazing. Then things died down but were still great. Then march came along and we made the biggest mistake of our lifetime by choosing to go to a discourse for communications. We lost so many people by doing so, which is why we closed down and then restarted. That was one of the best decisions we ever made because sure enough we were back up to 100 pilots within 2 weeks, and 175 after that month. As summer passed on people started to lose interest in flying for us, and then began our big activity decrease. By now we had 3 flights logged a day, and thats sad when you have 170 pilots flying for the airline. No one was active, people didn’t like the way things were going. So I decided to close down the airline, and give someone else with great potential to create a new American Virtual that shines even brighter than this previous administration could ever imagine.

53 Likes

i hope to see AAVA again in the future

2 Likes

I’m excited as a former AAVA pilot to continue my journey at BAVA!

AAVA0015 signing off

8 Likes

I just completed my last flight. It’s a huge shame that it’s closing, I used to be very active but began to get tied up with a bunch of things once summer ended. I’m finally able to be active again, and on the same day I found out my favorite VA is closing. Very sad about it, and I honestly might try to revive it.

1 Like

Always sad to see a VA shutdown… especially one of such a size. Hopefully this VA will open up in the future, cause Americans livery is stunning.

3 Likes

Sad to see this VA go, hope to see it brought back to thrive in the future!
The core six will never be the same.

3 Likes

This is very sad to hear. I wish the best for the future to AAVA

1 Like

It was very fun being in this VA! ☹

AAVA89

2 Likes

Man im in definite shock, the first VA i flew for is closing its doors. This is heartbreaking and i will miss our pilots, staff, routes, and planes. Most of all, we were one of the best. Nothing like being a Rank 7 pilot for a Huge VA like AAVA. Thanks for such an unforgettable experience.

AAVA0332, over and out!!!

2 Likes

Unfortunate to see another VA go. Best of luck to you guys.

1 Like

Very sad to see this happen to such a great big VA. AAVA will be missed

1 Like

AAVA out of all VA’s I know? I never expected a Core-6 Airline with high prestige to go so soon… 😞

8 Likes

The slack is still alive but the operations are no more

2 Likes

It was a great run. My first VA. It’s really sad to see it go :(

AAVA0315 out

2 Likes

AAVA and it’s CEO @Chris_Hoover inspired me to make Singapore Virtual. Indeed very sad to see it go :(

6 Likes

Very sad to see it go. My favorite VA forever. AAVA1264, signing out

2 Likes