Famous Race Tracks From Around the World

Please do not fill in each section and do not delete this line as appropriate. Topics without the required information shall be kept open.

Hello, IFC! I am back with another screenshot topic, this time about famous racetracks from around the world.

Most photos were taken in solo, and were edited with cheeto dust.

Now let’s get to the photos!

Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA

Daytona International Speedway has grown to become one of the most famous racetracks in the world. Hosting the famous NASCAR Daytona 500, and several other races throughout the year, the 2.5 mile oval was the first place in the world to hold official NASCAR sanctioned races. You can see the rectangular turquoise colored shape, which is Lake Lloyd, a 29-acre man-made lake that has existed since the track opened in 1959.

Circuit Paul Ricard, France

The Circuit Paul Ricard is this blue splotch you see right next to Le Castellet Airport. The circuit has been part of the The circuit has been part of the FIA Formula One since the 2018 Formula One World Championship as the French Grand Prix.

Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, Alabama, USA

During the 1960s, William “Bill” France, Sr. wanted to build a track faster and longer than Daytona International Speedway. After failed attempts to reason with local government in Orange County, North Carolina with the Occoneechee Speedway, he attempted to find a new spot for a race track and make his idea a reality. After failing to secure a location near the research triangle around Raleigh, France then looked around between Atlanta and Birmingham along Interstate 20. He would end up breaking ground on an old airfield. If you look closely in the oval you can see the former Anniston Air Force Base’s runway.

Circuit de la Sarthe, Le Mans, France

The Circuit de la Sarthe is one of the most famous race circuits in the world. Consisting of normal street road, and actual race track, it holds the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the most prestigious endurance race in the world. In this picture, if you look just a bit above the runway 20 threshold you can see the main grandstands of the circuit. Although it may not be easy to see, the entire circuit is in this photo.

Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, Tennessee, USA

“Thunder Valley”
“The Last Great Colosseum”
“The World’s Fastest Half-Mile”
“The Bullring”

There are numerous nicknames for this small yet mighty speedway. Being only a half mile long, it’s short compared to Daytona or Talladega, and even though the track is so short that speeds here are far lower than is typical on most NASCAR oval tracks, they are very fast compared to other short tracks due to the high banking. Bristol is among the most popular tracks on the NASCAR schedule because of its distinct features, which include extraordinarily steep banking, an all concrete surface, two pit roads, and stadium-like seating.

Circuit de Monaco, Monaco

Monaco has become world famous for its luxurious culture, and yachts parked all over the shoreline. It’s also host to the Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix, famous for its high speed races through its tight, winding paths. You can see the track pass through the shore.

Okay that’s it for all folks, it’s 4 AM and I need sleep

kbyethx

19 Likes

me want

I have no clue how you managed to find those… Nice job.

1 Like

Yes, racetracks! As a NASCAR fan this is just awesome to me!

Very nice! When you take off to the south here in Austin, you can see the COTA track out the window!

2 Likes

Yep, the Circuit of the America’s is real colorful, I should’ve taken a photo of it.

2 Likes

You definitely should’ve included COTA! I’ve been lucky enough to see it out my window a couple times when we depart south! Looks awesome from the sky.

No Goodwood raceway?

Amazing shots and info!

Awesome post! As a racing fan I approve! Thank you for sharing!

You forgot the most important of them all!
The Nürburgring Nordschleife:

If you know the track, try to spot it, if not here's a map with the most important parts of the track:

And here's the satelite imagery from IF again, this time with some landmarks:

Here a close up from the GP-part of the track:

Just a magnificent track. It really isn’t called the green hell for no reason, literally inside the forest most of the time and it was really hard to spot at first. But here you go, the most dangerous and longest track in the world, as a diehard petrolhead I just had to share it. ^^

3 Likes