Family, Quinces and Spooky Day in Cali ( FLIGHT 1 )

Before I begin I’d like to say thank you for the support I got from you guys when I posted my 1st real world trip report from Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ to Los Angeles 🌴📸 and back and now I reward you guys with another one! 😎

I woke up at around 5:30am to get ready to catch my flight down to Cali, Colombia 🇨🇴 I’m ready to come back down to Cali in the real world as it has been around a year and 7 months since I last went and I’m pumped up for this mainly cause I get to fly again even though I was just flying a month ago when I went to LA 🌴📸 we’re flying Spirit Airlines from Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ today to CLO so let’s make our way to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport to get this trip started!

Flight Info

Origin: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Intl 🇺🇸 ( KFLL )
Destination: Alfonso Bonilla Aragon Intl 🇨🇴 ( SKCL )
Flight Time: 3:22
Airbus A320-200 ( Spirit Airlines )
Server: None ( Real Life )

After a lovely breakfast maybe a better one than I had when I went to LA 🌴📸 here we are at gate G5 which is hosting our departure this morning out to Cali we were supposed to be in an Airbus A320neo and I was excited since I’ve only flown it once last time I went to Colombia 🇨🇴 with Viva Air from Cali to San Andres but they decided to pull off a last minute aircraft switch so we got a normal Airbus A320 registered N691NK which is 4 years old. While flights to Cali from South Florida hold a special place in our hearts, today is a day to remember for my uncle, he recently got his residency here in the United States 🇺🇸 after 25 YEARS so this is his first time coming back since then. But that’s all I can talk about so let’s just board!

Now this time around,

I GOT THE WINDOW SEAT!!

here’s our view for the flight down to Cali, really nice view over the wing it was kinda dirty but alright also since this was Spirit’s A320ceo, it is obviously equipped with their older hard product so yes it does have the baby tray tables but that’s pretty much it so let’s get airborne!

Due to construction, Runway 10L did NOT allow take offs instead just RWY 10R and with the mix of arrivals into FLL caused a bit of a delay but we still were airborne somewhat quickly, Goodbye Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️👋 see you next Saturday!

We climbed up to FL370 to enjoy the familiar trip south, the crew came around with their buy on board service and despite this being a ceo, this plane WAS equipped with Wi-Fi, I didn’t purchase it since I wanted to fly the real Spirit experience but that wasn’t a good idea since I only had 1 game to play and I have to say, during the safety demo this flight attendant was pretty funny so for that Spirit gets 4 stars today ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and here’s a game for you

Try to find the Florida Keys it’s really easy

Greetings Cuba! 🇨🇺

Jamaica 🇯🇲

2 hours later we are OFFICIALLY back in Colombia 🇨🇴 still not legally though but that does mean we’ll be descending soon.

Around 50 minutes or so, we are now doing that final turn for Runway 02 for landing at CLO, seen it so much in IF glad to see again in the real world!

TOUCHDOWN! Welcome irl edition to Alfonso Bonilla Aragon International Airport! Overall, Spirit wasn’t actually a bad choice despite our delay the rest of the flight was smooth and we did make up time we were still late though and best way to describe Spirit is you get what you pay for, don’t expect Delta type service for like $40 you’ll be disappointed.

We’ve made it to our parking spot at CLO’s international terminal gate D18, and I can’t believe I’m saying this but

Passport Control 🛂 actually was quick!

Our bags also came out quickly so overall we were quite satisfied with our experience we arrived pretty late though in fact when we parked, the American Airlines Boeing 737MAX8 from Miami 🏝️😎 was already pushing back for its flight back to MIA. I’m glad to back in Colombia 🇨🇴 for my cousins quince tomorrow and hope my uncles happy to be back home after 25 years so stay tuned for the return flight next weekend and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

19 Likes

Excellent post! Enjoy Cali, an excellent city 😎🔥🇨🇴🕺

2 Likes

Neo

Autocorrect.

Nice trip report!

2 Likes

@Nezuko @TheBest Thank you guys!!

3 Likes

Awesome trip report! Have an amazing time in Cali!

2 Likes

Never knew the V2500, designed and introduced in the 1980s, was one of the newest, most fuel-efficient engines offered for an aircraft launched in 2010 with the PW1100G and CFM LEAP-1A, both of which launched in the late 2000s and introduced in the 2010s, as the other competing engines!

2 Likes

glad to see you didn’t turn into a spirit!

All jokes aside, great report 🙌🙌

2 Likes

That’s $29.99

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.