Family, Quinces and Spooky Day in Cali ( FINAL FLIGHT )

After a “lovely” week in Cali, Colombia 🇨🇴 mainly dealing with a stampede of motorcycles on the streets it’s time to go back home, the rest of my family went back last week since they only came for my cousins quince from last Saturday including my uncle who came back after 25 years they were thrilled to see him especially the people at the quince. We stayed an extra week to mainly explore Cali as last time we were in Colombia 🇨🇴 we were BARELY in Cali but I kinda preferred this trip over 2022 but not really for the aviation aspect but enough rambling let’s make our way to Alfonso Bonilla Aragon Airport to get this flight back home started!

Flight Info

Origin: Alfonso Bonilla Aragon Intl 🇨🇴 ( SKCL )
Destination: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Intl 🇺🇸 ( KFLL )
Flight Time: 3:26
Airbus A320neo ( Spirit Airlines )
Server: None ( Real Life )

After a cousin from Dagua dropped us off, reclaimed his car, checked in, stopped at Ventolini, cleared emigration and security. Here we are at gate D16 were our plane was. We were supposed to be on another A320neo but this time it ACTUALLY WAS a neo. But here she is just arrived from Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ getting ready to take us back along with a rare Estelar Boeing 737 Classic and if you can see it, the winglet of the American Airlines 737max8 who had came in from Miami 🏝️😎 not long ago but I bought some snacks since we’re flying Spirit but that’s all I can say for now, let’s get on board!

Here is our seat for the flight back to the USA 🇺🇸 another window seat. As this is a neo, it is equipped with Spirit’s newer hard product so no more baby trays! Speaking of babies, like 2 or 3 rows ahead of me there was a SCREAMING baby like they wouldn’t shut up for like the beginning of the flight, great 😒 but let’s just take off!

We were #1 for departure so we wasted NO time on our departure from CLOs Runway 02 we beat the AA flight on the race back to Florida! 🏝️🍊

We climbed up to FL360 over im assuming Antioquía but anyways service was delayed because of turbulence over the northwest. But once we left the Caribbean coast behind, the service started and so did the baby. It was your average Spirit service but no jokes on this flight so 3 stars here! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

As I haven’t downloaded anything to watch, I played like 1 or 2 games of Subway Surfers and took in the views. Eventually, we were over Jamaica 🇯🇲 again.

Fast forward like 15 minutes later along with a quick lav visit, we’re over Cuba 🇨🇺 now.

It’s getting dark now, but those turquoise waters and islands of the Bahamas 🇧🇸 signify something, we are now approaching Florida 🏝️🍊

HELLO FORT LAUDERDALE 👋🏝️🛥️ I’m glad to be back home after an EXHAUSTING week in Cali.

We touched down on FLLs RWY 10R a whole 30 minutes early, hooray right? Well no and I’ll tell you why soon. But overall, This experience with Spirit was okay the cabin was new and fresh and so was the plane, it was built in September 2022 so only a year and a month old but the crying baby just ruined the experience for me. It was still a good flight just below average in my books.

Welcome to gate G7 at FLLs terminal 4! Now you ask, what was so bad about arriving 30 minutes early? Well as soon as we started taxiing we stopped since our gate was occupied which costed us 15-20 minutes extra on the plane and since I LOVE airplanes I didn’t mind and I spent the delay actually writing the first paragraph of this trip report. Once we got to the gate the problems DIDN’T STOP we were delayed. ANOTHER 15-20 minutes because of issues at passport control 🛂 but I’m not going to blame Spirit for these issues since it was affecting ALL airlines and gate capacity is just a problem everywhere. But now I’m off to clear passport control 🛂 get my bag, get picked up by my grandparents and go back home to rest for the rest of the weekend. Stay tuned for tomorrow as @Butter575 is hosting an event at FLL and I’ll be flying to CLO again trying to recreate the flight from last Friday like I did with the JetBlue flight to Los Angeles 🌴📸 and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

13 Likes

Nice trip report!

2 Likes

Nice trip report! Yeah, the trade offs of arriving early. Once, I got into SFO like 30 minutes early. Hooray! Or not. We got to the gate, and held because a plane was being loaded still. A full half hour goes by, and nothing. Then, it turns out that flight got delayed by a few hours, and we had to taxi to the other side of the terminal, which took quite a while, and then wait a further 20 minutes for someone to come and connect the jet bridge.

3 Likes

Dang, thankfully I didn’t need to wait 1 hour. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.