Falling underneath ground

I was at Melbourne airport taxiing to R16 and just crossed R09 and suddenly it was like the plane fell through a hole and I was travelling downwards. A warning came up for aerobatic manoeuvres in airspace, but luckily I ended the flight before I received a violation. What do you think caused this?

This happened to me at bournemouth the IF team needs to work on this!

2 Likes

Have you tried clearing your scenery cache after this it worked perfectly for me

No I haven’t

1 Like

Go into settings and scroll down you should find a button which says clear scenery cache after this it should work fine!

2 Likes

Clear scenery cache as said and restart the app should do it, some cases you have to soft restart your device:)

2 Likes

This issue can happen, as others have said try to clear scenery cache and if it should be fixed ;)
I’ve seen more and more problem of this sort does anyone know if this issue has been made more frequent since the update ?

Nah, it’s not been more tbh.

2 Likes

Alright thanks for the quick answer, was just wondering because I’ve seen this issue quite frequently on the support forum

Not more than before in general, and i monitor this category extremely close + other channels.

2 Likes

Just to add something here quickly.

The most probable reason why you’re getting this issue is because of an unstable connection to the Global server which streams scenery data to your device. Because of the unstable connection, downloaded scenery may be corrupted which makes you fall through the ground. There isn’t much the Infinite Flight team can do here unfortunately as it’s usually an issue on the side of the user. If you’re experiencing this issue often, I highly suggest you look into your internet connection first before passing the torch to the Infinite Flight team to deal with.

1 Like

My internet connection is fine and is nothing to do with this

To be fair, it generally does have something to do with it. That doesn’t mean it’s something that you notice on a day to day basis using various features on the Internet.
But there’s a few other factors that could cause this as well, either way… it’s not something that can easily be “fixed”. This equal to getting a few funky frames when watching something on Netflix for example.

5 Likes