Fall 2023 Trip to Miami and an Inaugural ITA Airways Flight to Rome - Outbound Pt. 2: Miami to Rome

Hello folks, welcome to Pt. 2 which will be the trip me and @NonStopsAviation have been waiting for. Our Inaugural Flight on ITA Airways that will take us from ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Miami to Rome ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น aboard ITA Airways Flight 631. We departed Miami eight minutes late due to the fact that @NonStopsAviation was out for dinner. But anyways, at the airport before we got to the gate while I had my own travel pillow for my neck to rest on during the long haul, @NonStopsAviation bought himself a travel pillow since we didnโ€™t have anytime to stop at Walmart after going out to eat at Olive Garden with Grandma. Therefore, @NonStopsAviation and I left to the airport and here we are bout to start this journey. So, I hope you enjoy this trip report.

ITA Airways Flight 631 - ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Miami to Rome ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
Aircraft: Airbus A350-900
Origin: Miami International Airport (KMIA)
Destination: Leonardo da Vinci Roma-Fiumicino Airport (LIRF)
Flight Time: 10hrs 10mins
Server: Expert

As mentioned earlier about @NonStopsAviation buying himself a travel pillow, we arrived at Gate H8 at MIA airport and took a picture of our aircraft parked at the gate, getting fueled up, cleaned up by the plane cleaners, and the airport ground crew loading up catering for our inflight drink and food service before we began our boarding process which was 55 minutes prior to departure for our international flight to Rome. Btw, @NonStopsAviation and I have packed up some snacks for us to eat while on vacation at Rome. Anyways, letโ€™s start boarding our flight to Rome.

As it got dark, we have departed at it was short taxi from Gate H8 to RWY 27 for takeoff out of MIA airport

Looks like someone spotted us lining up on RWY 27 in preparation for takeoff ๐Ÿ›ซ out of MIA before we began our takeoff roll

And off we go to Rome ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น. Goodbye 305 MIAMI ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

As we tookoff RWY 27 which is a western flow, we banked 180 degrees clockwise to head east and climbing out of MIA airport, we are flying over this beautiful Miami Beach ๐Ÿ๏ธ before we fly across the Atlantic Ocean ๐ŸŒŠ

As we leveled off, we started cruising at FL330. Throughout that time, the drink and dinner service began. For this ITA Airways food service, we were served either meat ๐Ÿฅฉ or pasta ๐Ÿ. For me I went with meat which was a beef stew ๐Ÿฅฉ ๐Ÿฒ with potatoes and green beans, cold green beans with sliced ham on top, a dessert ๐Ÿจ and a bread roll with a cup of Sprite ๐Ÿฅค. For @NonStopsAviation, he got the same sides but got pasta ๐Ÿ which was a Greek spanakopita Lasagna, a vegetarian selection. After dinner, we slept ๐Ÿ›Œ as we step climbed to our final cruising altitude FL370

Once we woke up, it was time for breakfast ๐Ÿณ to be served. We got an English breakfast tea โ˜•๏ธ with a warm panzerotti, dough pocket filled with ricotta before we began our descent. During descent, we had to fill out a form for us to take to Custom Immigration to give the form to. After that, we were in the Italian airspace, getting ready for us to land at FCO airport.

And here we are on short final RWY 16R for landing ๐Ÿ›ฌ at FCO airport

And welcome to Rome ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น after a firm touchdown in FCO RWY 16R as we vacate the runway and head to our arrival gate at Terminal 3

And here is our aircraft at Terminal 3 Gate 605 after we deplaned the aircraft. Now @NonStopsAviation and I head to borders custom immigration ๐Ÿ›‚ to turn in our forms before our passport inspection before we got something to eat at the airport. After we ate at the airport, we grabbed a cab ๐Ÿš• to the Fly Decรฒ Hotel ๐Ÿจ to where we will be spending our one week vacation at Rome ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น. Once again Welcome and Hello Rome ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น.

And that completes our Inaugural ITA Airways Flight to Rome and we have enjoyed it. Weโ€™ll go plane spotting at Rome and do some fun activities before heading back to the 305 MIAMI ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ on Friday. I hope you enjoyed our trip report from ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Miami to Rome ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น. Stay tuned for our return trip to Miami on another ITA Airways Flight. Have a blessed day folks.

10 Likes

Loving the new ITA livery. Great shots!

1 Like

Thank you @Darkspoul

1 Like

Great pics!

Tomorrow I was planning on heading to the islands west until Tuesday and I wasnโ€™t planning on returning to MIA until Saturday

1 Like

Ok so do you wanna return to MIA on Friday with me which itโ€™s scheduled for 4:40 AM or on Saturday?

Saturday but do we take off at 4:40am from FCO?

1 Like

We depart at 4:40 AM on Saturday so 4:40 AM is when we depart FCO

1 Like

Itโ€™s a plan!

1 Like