Fairchild Dornier 328&328JET

(Had permission to do this Photo credits both wikipedia)

Dornier 328 Turbo Prop

The Dornier 328 is turbo-prop powered commuter airliner. Originally built by the Dornier Luftfahr GmbH, the company was bought by Fairchild in 1996.
The Doriner 328 is designed for shorthaul passenger operators; Deutsche Aerospace often promoted the type as being a “third-generation airliner”. he fuselage of the 328 employs an unusual steamlined shape, having been optimised for high cruising speeds; the aircraft is capable of higher cruise and approach speeds than most turboprop-powered aircraft, this allows it to be more readily slotted around jetliners during landing approaches. According to Deutsche Aerospace, the 328 offered the “lowest noise level, widest cabin, highest standing room, widest cabin floor, and widest seats in the three-abreast class.”

It is equipped with a pair of Pratt and Whitney PW119C turboprop engines, which drive fully reversible HartzellHD-E6C-3B propeller. he propeller blades generate notably less noise in comparison to their contemporary counterparts due to features such as their lower RPM. The Propeller synchrophasing, and the use of a six-blade configuration.

Tubroprop operation
In 2005, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) awarded a contract to AeroRescue to provide long-range Search and Rescue (SAR) capability around Australia. Accordingly, five 328-100s were progressively commissioned from April 2006.

Dornier 328 JET

The Dornier 328 is jet powered commuter airliner, based off of the turbo prop. Due to public perception of noise and reliability issues with turboprops, Fairchild-Dornier developed the Turbofan-based 328-300 or 328JET, of which 83 were sold. The 328JET prototype rolled out on 6 December 1997 at Oberpfaffenhofen Germany.

operators
In August 2010, a total of 54 Dornier 328JET aircraft remained in airline service. The only operators with a fleet of more than five are Ultimate Air Shuttle with 8, Tianjin Airlines with 11, and Sun Air of Scandinavia with 15. In the pass, operators in the US including Skyway Airlines, a feeder for Midwest Airways, flew 12. Atlantic Coast flew 30 as Delta Connection, until 2006. Keyline Airways in the Untied States still operates the DO328JET

Doriner 328 Turbo-prop Variants
  • 328-100 – Initial 328.
  • 328-110 – Standard 328 with greater range and weights
  • 328-120 – 328 with improved STOL performance
    C-146A Wolfhound – Designation assigned to seventeen Dornier 328s operated by the US Air Force’s Special Operation Command
Dornier 328 Specifications
  • Crew: Three (two Pilots, one Flight Attendant)
  • Capacity: 30 to 33 (14 in First Class Config)
  • Length: 69 ft 8 in
  • **Wingspan 68 ft 10 in
  • Height: 23 ft 2 in
  • Empty weigh: 20,062 lb (9,100 kg)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 30,843 lb (13,990 kg)

Performance

• Cruise speed: 335 knts
  • Range: 1,000 nmi
  • Service ceiling: 31,140 ft

Avionics

• ** Honeywell Primus 2000
Dornier 328JET Variants
  • 328JET -Turbofan-powered variant, formerly the 328-300
  • Lockheed Martin X-55 Advanced Composite Cargo Aircraft (ACCA)
    a Dornier 328J with its mid/aft fuselage and empennage replaced with advanced composite materials. The ACCA is a Lockheed Martin demonstrator to advance composite usage on next-generation tactical air mobility transports for the US Air Force Research Laboratory.
Doriner 328JET Specifications
  • Crew: three (two pilots + flight attendant)
  • Capacity: 30 to 33 passengers, Max payload 7,200 lb (3,266 kg)
  • Length: 69 ft 3 in
  • Wingspan: 68 ft 10 in
  • Height: 23 ft 9 in
  • Empty weight: 20,768 lb (9,420 kg)
  • Max takeoff weight: 34,524 lb (15,660 kg)
  • Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW306B 6,000 lbf thrust each

Performance

• Maximum speed: 405 kn
  • Range: 2,001 nmi (with optional long range fuel tank)
  • Service ceiling: 35,000 ft

My thoughts
I believe FDS needs add more turbo props, and with this being both a turbo and a jet powered aircraft it’s the perfect combination of both worlds. It has the ability to be used by everyone, from small commercial VA’s to VO’s. It can also be used for those who want more business jets since a lot of the 328s are now private props/jets!

Looks cool feature! This will be very exciting to be maritime flown or in a rather remote place

i wish i had some votes left :(

4 Likes

I think it’d be a real fun feature and a fun aircraft for Infinite Flight!

1 Like

Ohh I’d love see this thing! How cool would this Regional jet be on game!

2 Likes

4 Likes

I just saw this aircraft while looking for IFATC flights to London City… Nowadays you can’t get a feature request in 😂

1 Like

It took 1 second to think and vote.

2 Likes

That is one picture it looks like if you click on it you’ll see

1 Like

Do the Mods actually take input from these Features requests? I’d love to see this in game but I highly doubt it.

Cough 777 rework, Cough A350, cough Cessna 172 rework, cough trying to think of things. Cough can people help me out???

Cough. That is all.

2 Likes

Cough TBM live cockpit?

1 Like

Cough yes, was that voted for the community? 😃🤔

Cough not on my screen 😂

Yes, those are all popular aircraft that are a big part of the game. I’m talking about new liveries, lesser known airlines, cool and unique aircraft. The small things that I big company might not pay attention too.

1 Like

The Dornier 328 jet is basically the Kawasaki C-1 for the C-17 but to the BAE 146.

2 Likes

Are you sick?

3 Likes

YES PLEASE!!! And it’s going back into production! I just can’t wait. I really want this aircraft in infinite Flight! Of course voting for my second favorite aircraft

(Credit: me, logo: Dornier)

1 Like

I flew on this beast from London Biggin Hill last year. It’s tiny inside but boy is it quick to get off the line!

3 Likes

It would be absolutely amazing to fly a Midwest Connect DO-328J around the Wisconsin skies!! You have my vote :)

3 Likes

This tread blew up quickly lol

2 Likes

It’s going back to production! I really hope they add it

2 Likes