'Failure to Go Around' violation... but no ATC

I got a Level 2 violation yesterday while flying into OAKB (popular airport these days), reason was failure to go around. During my whole descend phase of the flight and even in final approach, there was no ATC, so on Unicom I announced ‘landing’, indicated the proper runway etc. I’m really not aware of doing anything wrong. When I touched the runway, I immediately got the violation, and I don’t understand 1. who issued it (although I know the name of the person who reported me) and 2. why.

I’m not looking to undo the violation at all, but I would love to understand. Who can help?

2 Likes

first of all, welcome back :)

I think the first thing to do is to message the Violation- remove team. just send them this message and include the name of the one who reported you and a replay file. they’ll check whats up!

1 Like

The best course of action is to message @appeals. They’ll help you sort it out!

You can use “sharemyinfiniteflight” to share the replay too.

2 Likes

The OP isn’t looking to remove the violation so there is no need to contact the appeals team.

If your looking for the reason as to why you received it then contact the person who reported you via pm :)

4 Likes

Why so complicated. I mean the easiest way is to contact the person who reported you directly. If you’ll not be able to find a solution between both of you, you can then get in contact with the appeals Team in a second step.

Collins was 1m faster than me

2 Likes

Great suggestion for the replay, I maybe can sort it out myself without bothering all of you. Any tips where I can find a description of how to generate a replay file?

1 Like

i belive it’s https://sharemyinfiniteflight.com/

1 Like

Do you have the name of the person who reported you? You can check by going into your grade table and pressing “view violation history”.

1 Like

He said there was no ATC

1 Like

If there was no ATC active, then you were probably reported by an IFATC supervisor or higher. (Mods, staff etc). We have the ability to report pilots (as a pilot) for virtually any reason an ATC person can.

I can’t speak on behalf of the reporting person as to why they reported you, but if you’d like help in finding the person to discuss the report I’d be happy to direct you.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I saw @ToasterStroodie a long time in OAKB yesterday and a few pilots i think was reported by him. Landing with an Aircraft on the Runway or not keeping the separation.

So i think if you can’t see the mistake in your Replay, pm the reporting Person

2 Likes

It appears you were reported by an IF Staff, Mod, or ATC Supervisor.

Please contact @appeals if you would like to appeal your violation

2 Likes