Failure To Follow Sequence (LOL)

Just received a level 2 violation in a Cessna 🤣🤦🏾‍♂️
I was bored of jets so I thought let me do circuits for a change. After flying 737s on the expert server I thought doing patterns in a lil Cessna 172 around an airfield would be a piece of cake. WRONG! Haha. I was all over the place. No situational awareness, ATC instructions went in one ear and out through the a** because I was preoccupied with hand flying the lil 172.
ATC: Roxanne 3 number 2, traffic to follow is on final.
Me (Roxanne 3): Roger
Also me: Turns base putting me right in front of the plane I’m supposed to be following
Then in a flash…I got reported (snitch 🤣), there goes my spotless violation record 😢
Lesson: Flying jets is fun. But don’t get too cocky or you’ll be like me haha, practice with small planes from time to time. You might learn something
Lesson #2: Stay hydrated
Have a nice day everyone. Also if anyone has some tips on flying a traffic pattern/touch and go in a Cessna help your boy out ✌🏾

8 Likes

Funny story but a great leaning experience :)

GA is super fun once you get around to adapting to the jet traffic around you.

Nothing special as you must know ATC is your biggest help while flying. Follow them and 99% of the time you will in the green.

1 Like

I think it’s awesome that you are able to take accountability of your mistake and learn from it and even laugh it off! It goes to show how you take these matters. GA flying sure is different but it makes you a better pilot. Props on you for acknowledging the mistake and learning from it. Mistakes make you a better aviator because “a good aviator is always learning”.

You also mentioned to give some tips about flying a circuit. The video I linked below is SUPER helpful and goes over everything. It’s also done in the C172!

2 Likes

Have to do what you have to, when you have 6-7 planes in pattern :/.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes it’s a great learning experience for sure! I feel for the controller haha, I’ve been ATC on the training server and I hate it when people don’t follow instructions

2 Likes

Hahahaha I’m just joking. I’d have done the same if I was you haha. Sorry bro, I hope I didn’t make you mad because I hate it too when I’m ATC and people don’t follow instructions 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

1 Like

Feel free to PM me and I will happily explain the report to you. The reason why I gave you that sequence was to buy me some extra spacing to get my departures out 😄

1 Like

Thanks man. I was too concerned about controlling the damn plane and didn’t think about anyone else haha

1 Like

I understand the report don’t worry haha. I deserved it, you did what you had to do

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.