Facts About Every US Airline

US Airlines - The Facts

I don’t want to start a debate, so in this topic I will be giving you the full on facts about each US airline. I’m gonna keep no opinions, and I’m going to give you the stats, and leg room, including amenities that each airline has! I encourage everyone in the comments below to get facts rather than comments, because I know we all have different views upon which airline is our favorite. That’s OK. That’s the beauty of aviation. We all like different things, but we all unite together I don’t one thing, we all love to fly. So, without further ado, let’s get into the topic!

American Airlines

• Fleet Size: 875
  • Employees: 133,700
  • CEO: Doug Parker
  • Main Hub: Dallas, Texas (DFW)
  • Other Hubs: Miami (MIA), Charlotte (CLT), Washington National (DCA), Phoenix (PHX), New York (LGA), New York (JFK), Philadelphia (PHL), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX)

One World Airlines/Codeshares Info From Wikipedia

Cabins:

Economy

Domestic: Usually no IFE screen, there is on demand mobile device streaming, 30 to 31 inches of pitch, a light snack such as pretzels, a free soft drink, width of 17.5 to 18.5 inches. (Main Cabin Extra usually available, same product with more legroom at about 34 inches)

International: usually in-flight entertainment, streaming also available to your mobile device, 31 to 32 inches of pitch, usually a small meal, multiple snacks, and drinks. With of 17.5 to 18.5 inches. (Main Cabin Extra usually available, same product with more legroom at about 34 inches)

Premium Economy

Only available on select international flights
Premium is all the same features economy, but they also have extra legroom, at 38 inches, and a more personalized dining experience. It is equipped with IFE screens.

Business Class

Domestic: Offered in a 2-2 configuration, Business class domestically is usually only available from New York to Los Angeles and San Francisco. These are some of the highest demand routes for American, so they use their flatbed business class products on this route.This product has in flight entertainment screens.

International: Generally arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration, the seats are available on most international flights, and have a very personalized dinging experience, along with the privacy of your own mini-suite.It is also equipped with inflight entertainment screens.

First Class

Domestic: Domestic first class is arranged in a 2-2 configuration, has a meals on most flights, and personalized experience. The seats are similar to the premium economy seats sound on the international flights, but marketed as first class. The seat pitch is generally 37 to 38 inches.It usually does not have IFE screens.

Transcontinental: The transcontinental first class is arranged in a one Dash one configuration, and is found only on New York to Los Angeles and San Francisco roots, just like the business class. The seats off for a very personalized experience, along with dining, and in-flight entertainment screens.

International: International first class is only found on the 777 Dash 300 ER, and has the most spacious see in the entire American Airlines fleet. It has 100% dedicated flight attendants, that will take care of you, answer if your food. We offer some of the most luxurious food they have to offer, and the seat goes into a fully life flatbed with an in-flight entertainment screen.

United Airlines

• Fleet Size: 843
  • Employees: 96,000
  • CEO: Scott Kirby
  • Main Hub: Chicago, Illinois (ORD)
  • Other Hubs: San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), Denver (DEN), Houston (IAH), Newark (EWR), Washington DC (IAD), Guam (GUM)

Codeshares/Airline Partners (Star Alliance) Info provided by Wikipedia

Cabins:

Economy:

Domestic: Sometimes equipped with in-flight entertainment screens, usually found on the 737–800. Streaming to devices is on most flights, seat pitch is generally 31 to 32 inches, and seat with is 17.5 to 18.5 inches. Economy plus with 34 to 35 inches of pitch found on most flights. Snacks and drinks usually provided.

International: usually equipped with in-flight entertainment screens, showing to devices is on most flights, seat pitch 31 to 32 inches, seat has 17.5 to 18.5 inches of width. Economy plus is available with 34-35 inches of pitch. Meals usually provided, as well as snacks and drinks.

Premium Economy

International: Similar to American, premium economy has 38 inches of pitch. It is arranged in a 2-4-2 configuration on the 777, and has inflight entertainment screens, personalized streaming to your devices, and a good meal service.

Business Class

Transcontinental: United provides business class on some transcontinental routes. It is set up in a 2-2 configuration, with all seats going to lie flat beds. Meal service is provided, and inflight entertainment as well as on device streaming is present.

International: International business class configuration is usually a 1-2-1 configuration, with all seats as lie flat beds. They were in the process of retrofitting all the planes to the new Polaris business class, a lot of them already have it, and it provides personalized meal service, as well as IFE, and on device streaming.

First Class

Domestic: Domestic first is usually in a 2-2 configuration, with 38 inches of pitch, there is usually no IFE, but there is streaming to your devices. You will usually have a meal service, and snacks and drinks are present.

Delta Air Lines

• Fleet: 830
  • Employees: 91,000
  • CEO: Ed Bastian
  • Main Hub: Atlanta, Georgia (ATL)
  • Other Hubs: Boston (BOS), Salt Lake City (SLC), New York (JFK), New York (LGA), Seattle (SEA), Detroit (DTW), Los Angeles (LAX), Minneapolis (MSP)
  • Focus Cities: Cincinnati (CVG), Raleigh (RDU)

Codeshares/SkyTeam Provided by Wikipedia

Cabins:

Economy

Domestic: domestically, economy class ranges from 30 to 31 inches of pitch, almost all flights are equipped with in-flight entertainment screens, and personal device streaming. Seat with is from 17 to 18 inches wide. Economy plus is available on board the flight, which they advertise as Delta comfort plus. This offers roughly 34 inches of legroom.

International: Internationally, economy legroom ranges from 31 to 33 inches of pitch, this is as well equipped with in-flight entertainment in all seats. Economy plus is available on board the flight, which they advertise as Delta comfort plus. This offers roughly 34 inches of legroom.

Premium Select

The premium economy product on board delta is pretty much the same as American and United. Just like with them, they offer 38 inches of pitch, and it is a recliner seat. Personalize service is also included, and more food options are available. In flight entertainment is also available.

Delta One

Domestic/International! Delta one is Delta’s lie flat seating option. On the smaller planes, like the 757, the business class is arranged in a 2-2 configuration, with lie flat seats. On larger aircraft such as the A350, it is in a 1-2-1 configuration. All seats have in-flight entertainment screens.

First Class

Domestic: first class domestically is very similar to premium economy. The food offerings are the same, and the legroom is very similar. The only difference here is that on later flights, you will not get a meal service. In-flight entertainment screens are available on most aircraft with this product.

JetBlue Airways

• Fleet Size: 268
  • Employees: 22,000
  • CEO: Robin Hayes
  • Main Hub: New York (JFK)
  • Other Hubs: Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Long Beach (LGB) (ending soon), Los Angeles (LAX) (starting soon), Orlando (MCO), San Juan (SJU), Boston (BOS)

Codeshares Provided by Wikipedia

Cabins:

Economy

All: JetBlue Airways offers an industry leading 32-34 inches of pitch. They have some of the best legroom in the world. IFE is present on all aircraft. Free Wifi is available. Unlimited drinks and snacks allowed on board. “Even More Space” is available, with 38 inches of pitch.

JetBlue Mint

JetBlue Mint was the first business class in the world to offer a door in business class. It is laid out in a 1-1 in rows 2 and 4, and 2-2 in rows 1, 3, and 5. JetBlue mint also offers a flat bed, free wifi, enhanced dining, and IFE screens.

Southwest Airlines

• Fleet Size: 737 ( Illuminati confirmed)
  • Employees: 61,118
  • CEO: Gary Kelly
  • Main Hub: Dallas, Texas (DAL)
  • Other Hubs: Oakland (OAK), Los Angeles (LAX), Las Vegas (LAS), Chicago Midway (MDW), Denver (DEN), Baltimore (BWI), Orlando (MCO), Phoenix (PHX)

Codeshares: None

Cabin:

Economy

Southwest airlines only offers one cabin. It’s the same across every aircraft in the fleet. The leg room is 32 inches, unless you’re in an exit row or bulkhead. The service is pretty generic, we are offered some snacks and drinks.

Alaska Airlines

• Fleet Size: 321
  • Employees: 23,000
  • CEO: Brad Tilden
  • Main Hub: Seattle, Washington (SEA)
  • Other Hubs: Anchorage (ANC), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Portland (PDX)
  • Focus Cities: San Diego (SAN), San José (SJC)

Codeshares Provided by wikipedia

Cabins:

Economy

Alaska airlines offer is 32 inches of pitch in economy. It is nothing mine shattering, but definitely more than average. They offer power outlets and everything, in-flight entertainment which streams to your device, and an extra legroom program, where you can upgrade for free adult drinks and more legroom.

First Class

Alaska airlines first class offers 41 inches of pitch, and superior food and drinks in first class. There is no in seat screens, but the first class is usually able to be bought for really cheap prices.

Spirit Airlines

• Fleet Size: 155
  • Employees: 8,938
  • CEO: Ted Christie
  • Main Hub: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (FLL)
  • Other Hubs: Atlantic City (ACY), Chicago O’Hare (ORD), Las Vegas (LAS), Orlando (MCO), Detroit (DTW), Dallas (DFW)

Cabins:

Economy

Spirit airlines has one of the tightest economy class in the world, at only 28 inches of pitch, it is a little tight, all food and snacks have to be bought, and they’re quite pricey. Wi-Fi is being added to their planes, it is available on some planes, but if you get a plane without Wi-Fi, there’s nothing to do on the flight.

Big Front Seat

The big front seat on spirit offers some more legroom, and in a domestic first class configuration. Just like economy, there is no extra perks, other than the big receipt. No food or special service is available.

Allegiant Air

• Fleet Size: 105
  • Employees: 4,000
  • CEO: Maurice J. Gallagher Jr.
  • Main Hub: Las Vegas (LAS)
  • Other Hubs: Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Orlando Sanford (SFB), St. Petersburg (PIE), Allentown (ABE), Asheville (AVL), Bellingham (BEL), Cincinnati (CVG), Concord (USA), Des Moines (DSM), Fort Walton Beach (VPS), Grand Rapids (GRR), Indianapolis (IND), Knoxville (TYS), Los Angeles (LAX), Nashville (BNA), Oakland (OAK), Phoenix (AZA), Pittsburgh (PIT), Punta Gorda (PGD), Savannah (SAV)

Cabins:

Economy

Allegiant only has one class of service. They do have other seats where you could select extra legroom, but they don’t have any other designated cabins. Seats have roughly 30 inches of pitch, and just like on spirit, you have to pay for everything, but there is no Wi-Fi on board and you must bring your own device.

Frontier Airlines

• Fleet Size: 100
  • Employees: 5,150
  • CEO: Bill Franke
  • Main Hub: Denver (DEN)
  • Focus Cities: Miami (MIA), Trenton (TTN), Raleigh (RDU), Orlando (MCO), Philadelphia (PHL), Las Vegas (LAS), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE), Chicago (ORD), Atlanta (ATL)

Cabins

Economy

Economy class on frontier is very similar to spirit and allegiant. They have 29 inches of pitch, and also the exact same seats as spirit. The menu is the same, the prices are the same, and the service is very similar. Everything about the three budget airlines in the United States is that they were all very similar. Along with allegiant, Frontier does not offer any Wi-Fi on board.

Thank you everyone for reading! This took a really long time to write, and I appreciate everyone for taking the time out of their day to read this long essay. Thank you, and if you have any questions, let me know down below!

35 Likes

Oh wow! This looks amazing!

2 Likes

I- holy- wow, nice

2 Likes

Yes! AA is still on top
They almost had over 1000 aircraft on their mainline before COVID hit 😒
(They would have if their orders came in sooner)

1 Like

Also, I didn’t know JetBlue was the 1st to have working doors in business class, I thought somebody else was 1st, now I must fly the mint suite, cool facts though!

1 Like

Yep, they were first, starting Mint in 2013-14

Thank you! This took over three hours

1 Like

Thank you for your… Kind words?

Oh wow! Very impressive :)

1 Like

Hey, this is awesome. Plain and simple. I will be using it plenty in the future!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words!

1 Like

AA also has a hub in Phx

Fixed it…

1 Like

Imagine if you had to get ALL past airlines too 😂

1 Like

There is no snack better than AA’s biscoff cookies and its mini pretzels. The pretzels are my favorite

1 Like

Please. Explain. To. Me. How. You. Could. Possibly. Have. Enough. Time. To. Do. This.

Seriously, amazing job on this post. This is one of the best things I have seen in a while! 👏

3 Likes

Ok I have to disagree. And AA is my favorite airline and the best airline. But United has Stroopwaffles soooooooo

1 Like

@Z-Tube agreed

1 Like

Which automatically makes them the best, regardless. 😜

2 Likes

I also love the stroopwaffels. AA offers them on select first class flights

2 Likes