F35 has crashed in Japan

Yesterday a Japan ASDF(Air Self Defense Force) F35 stealth fighter crashed over the Pacific Ocean close to northern Japan. The advanced single-seat jet was flying about 135 km (84 miles) east of the air base in Aomori Prefecture at about 7:27 p.m. (1027 GMT) on Tuesday, when it disappeared from radar. Today the Ministry of defense confirmed that the palne crashed. The conclusion was made due to a part of the wing being found floating on the Pacific ocean. The pilot(Around 40 years old) hasn’t been found yet.

19 Likes

😮 wow in Japan!!

4 Likes

Wow, a japanese plane. How sad. Let’s hope the pilot survived. // うわー、日本の飛行機。なんて悲しい。パイロットが生き残ったことを願いましょう。

4 Likes

Ya, I think they just received the first of there fleet a few days ago. I’m not saying that’s what caused it, but I’d bet that will get a thorough looking at as a possible factor…

5 Likes

This article makes a good point, if that F35 is near whare they think it is then it’s sitting right in waters fairly well patrolled by Russia and China, if they don’t have boats out there right now they can, easily, and it definitely presents a massive issue if they find a possibly fairly intact specimen of the latest and greatest the US (and it’s allies) have. Like a huge, not understateable problem…

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/missing-japanese-f-35-poses-major-security-headache-for-us-if-it-falls-into-russian-or-chinese-hands

8 Likes

Tokyo is planning on buying over 100 F35s so I hope the cuase is determined quickly and dealt with

3 Likes

So sad to see crashes occur. Hope the pilot is okay! 😖

2 Likes

Ehh, so sad to hear. I hope the pilot will be found alive

1 Like

Update
They announced today that there were no sign of the pilot ejecting. Leading to a speculation that the trouble happened suddenly therefore making the pilot unable to eject.
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190410-00000094-jij-soci
Sorry I couldn’t find a English article. At least @simplewaffles will understand lol

8 Likes

They’ve deployed a U2 to look for the pilot

1 Like

At least I can read Japanese

1 Like

Yup, just read it myself and I can agree with ya. F35 program is already a hot mess and this crash only makes it worse. Japan has like 100 of these things ordered, not looking great so far… Only reason the F35 is still in the game is cause Congress keeps funding it…

1 Like

Man it’s an all out effort to find not only that Jet but the pilot as well. He didn’t go down in the most friendliest of waters. Not surprised the U2 is out. This crash has the potential to put the F-35 in the wrong hands.

6 Likes

If the F-35 gets in the hands of Russia or China, it may be a risk of to a part U.S. air superiority for the next 30 years.

3 Likes

Sorry for informing you guys late.Been busy with test preparation.
Hope they can determine the cause quickly and make sure this never happens again.

3 Likes

The likely cause has been determined. I’m surprised that you can suffer from spatial disorientation even in a very advanced airplane like the F35.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/asia/japan-f-35-fighter-crash-cause-hnk-intl/index.html

5 Likes

The cause was determined to be spatial disorientation. The ASDF’s F35 are back flying again. But for now, they will stop conducting night training flights. I hope this never happens again.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.