F/A 18 Rework

You’ve got my vote! But don’t forget to add in the blue angels’ one!

1 Like

Some livery options. image
Credit:acclaimimages.com
Credit:diecastaircraftforum.com

Credit:reborn.com

Credit:on photo

5 Likes

And of course!!

Credit:thebay.net

9 Likes

Gives me goose bumps thinking of flying these bad boys ripping through the dessert.

4 Likes

Will we have pilots fly this plane and draw rockets in the sky?

1 Like

I sure as heck would!! That would be awesome if they could put pilots in the cockpits as well!

1 Like

I think it would be awesome if they could ad a feature to the fighters to allow the canopy to open on the ground as well!

5 Likes

What do you mean with the limits of auto pilot? Just when they will start shaking violently?

3 Likes

Yeah, when it starts shaking violently. It seems like after a certain speed (different for each fighter) the AP no longer functions correctly. I’m not sure if it’s the way the AP is designed/functions in IF or maybe it’s related to the old flight physics (not like the new CRJ physics). Regardless I’m thankful to have AP on the fighters now. : )

I am curious though if the AP operation limits on a fighter are based on ground speed, air speed or Mach. It would be interesting to test at different altitudes and different winds from sea level to 40,000, since these are variables that can effect those numbers.

3 Likes

Definitely needed. Voted!

2 Likes

Here’s what I suggest: The F-18 Gets Several Liveries, An Autopilot, The Ability To Aerial Refuel, and a re-worked cockpit. Also add smoke.

Now, I know what you will say. “The community can’t be trusted with making the airport go IFR”

And you are right. But what if we add an extra server, for military aircraft, or only let certain community members use the smoke feature. It would make the air shows a lot more interesting!

2 Likes

Credit: Tom Demerly

How about this? It’s Maverick’s new Super Hornet for Top Gun: Maverick. Just had to put it in here. It’s so beautiful!

12 Likes

You have my vote!

Also, I think they should add autopilot, gear, and flap animations.

1 Like

FDS updated A-10, so this means military is not forgotten. We are one step closer guys!
Also full auto control flaps, and rudder tuck-in during takeoff, let’s go.

4 Likes

I think that the F/A-18 Hornet is one of the planes that along with others requires a good rework. Since the release of update 18.6, we have seen the A-10 Thunderbolt featuring a complete rework with a new cockpit with working instruments, canopy that can open and close, and 9 new livery’s. From these new features we’ve seen added in the A-10, this could really expand the possibilities of what features that aircraft in Infinite Flight are capable of featuring making simulation more realistic. I really hope to see this aircraft receive a rework with livery’s and animations in the next update and first for Infinite Flight in 2019.

2 Likes

I’d love to see some liveries for certain, like VFA195 and VMFA314 and the CF18 Demo Team

1 Like

I like really want this!

They need to add a F/A-18F

Don’t forget 103!

1 Like

This definitely needs a rework, this is my favourite fighter jet. It is so common to find one here in Townsville and I have seen them takeoff really close. They shake the ground and are so loud with their after burners. Hope to see this reworked soon.

1 Like