F/A 18 Rework

Aren’t all votes final ones?

1 Like

Thank you for your vote!

1 Like

Wow! 30 votes! That seemed to happen quickly. Looking forward to seeing this in a future update.

2 Likes

As a F/A-18 structures mechanic I have a deep love for this aircraft and really appreciate what you have put in your post here. Out of all the available aircraft in Infinite Flight I feel this is the most neglected and in need of rework so ya got my vote. The flight characteristics are wrong the fuel consumption is so bad it makes it virtually unflyable. And supposedly all the fighters were supposed to get auto pilot but I don’t see it available on this aircraft. This one is definitely in need of some attention.

4 Likes

Nice request, all fighter jets atm in IF have aweful quality compared to others and it would be nice to see one with new 4K textures.

Perhaps this redo could have an altitude hold button which makes air to air refueling easier and flights in general.

Also wouldn’t mind wing flex as the f-18 doesn’t have a very slight amount when’s pulling G’s.

3 Likes

I hope that they rework it soon, how much votes we need?

3 Likes

The fuel problem have been correted !
It’s now very enjoyable to fly ;)

4 Likes

As much as we can get!

3 Likes

Did anyone catch Mark’s aerial refueling tutorial video?? He confirmed that FDS will be doing a rework for the F-18!! No mention of when, but still it’s good to hear. Can’t wait!!

6 Likes

We need afterburners on the F-16,F-14 too and I will vote for this because I’m a massive fan of military aircraft in this game and it’s such a dissapointment that we don’t have a proper F-18!

5 Likes

Me too! Even though I love flying everything in IF, my heart is with the fighters. I’m happy to hear they will be getting some love. I think there are some feature requests for afterburners, which I think would be awesome as well (FDS, could you make this part of the F-18 rework down the road??? maybe).

I love that FDS always hears their community. If there’s fighter pilots, fans of High G flying or just hard core sim pilots…please come check out my feature request. I could use some support from the community, I wanted to hear from y’all. : )

I think a rework of the F/A 18 shouldn’t ony focus the exterior and interior model.

There are so many special features I’d love to see beeing added by FDS to the reworked F/A 18, like:

• G-Force Effects
  • Afterburners
  • Improved Autopilot
  • Realistic and Working HUD in Cockpit View
  • Improved Lighting
  • Adjustable models (possibility to choose whether you want a plane to be armed or not armed)
  • Spoilers/Airbrakes which are fully useable

FDS should really take their time for this rework. There are so many amazing things they could do with that plane.

6 Likes

Nice challenge for the devs ;)

2 Likes

You are speaking my language. : ) you always had my vote for this one.

If we could also open/close the canopy and fold the wings

Yeah the rework could/will be amazing! All of the above features please FDS.

1 Like

A reworked F/A-18 would be brilliant. If not this plane, then either another fighter, like the Eurofighter Typhoon or a fast jet trainer, such as a Pilatus PC-21 or a BAe Hawk. Unless I’m missing something, this is the highest voted military feature request on the forum, so it’s got to be added soon.

4 Likes

I was about to say that! The if we can have an open/close feature for the canopy and folding wings!

1 Like

There is another issue with the F/A 18 in the game, the fuel barely lasts you 5 minutes in the sky it runs out so fast am I the only one encountering this?

1 Like

I basically never use the F/A-18, so I can’t tell for sure, but I have heard of weird fuel consumption glitches before with the aircraft.

1 Like

You didn’t mention the rafale 😒

Jk

3 Likes

Imagine if we are able to drop flares in this game, imagine it in the night setting ik it won’t happen any time soon at all but would certainly look amazing

6 Likes