F/A 18 Rework

I have been looking for the F/A 18 in IF but in fact I just forgot it was under “legacy” planes.
This fighter is really in dire conditions :

• the lights don’t work
  • the aircraft’s gears hover above ground just like the E-jets do
  • the engines, even idle, are overpowered. (You gain 1kt groundspeed every 2 sec if you release the parking brake)
  • the cockpit is horrible
  • No autopilot
  • No animated parts
  • No spoiler

Anyways I’ve just simulated an interception over Finnish airspace of this 787-9 heading to Japan (flown by @KEYAKI_JPN)

And here’s my landing at Kuopio AFB
VLUEkqQOZHbgp7b0nV

6 Likes

We should begin to spread #ReworkTheLegacyPlanes

4 Likes

Let’s begin flying the Fighter Jets on Infinite Flight Simulator (REWORKTHEF/A18HORNETS)

2 Likes

The F/A-18 and the C-17 certainly should receive some attention so the military fleet of Infinite Flight can be better represented! With these we would see some great formation-style flights, and the range of possible flight operations would increase dramatically!

I’d note that I’d prefer the developers remove the current F/A-18 model type and replace it with a Super Hornet when they decide to rework the F/A-18, since this is the more modern variant in use today.

4 Likes

Just imagine the Blue Angels formation flights we could do 😍

4 Likes

Besides being very present here is IFC, we should also be as present in the sim and show our support for the F-18 by using it more.

2 Likes

Not only the F/A-18, but military in general

1 Like

1 Like

Yes!!! This is a plane that needs to be reworked. It should come with an air craft carrier of the coast that we could land at.

1 Like