F/A 18 Rework

marines
Slap some baskets on the C130 to make it available to refuel the F18.

3 Likes

Might I direct some of you to this feature request? It would certainly complement the upcoming F/A-18 rework, regardless of which variant you are currently supporting!

1 Like

I’d like to add on.

I’ve been advocating for the 767 rework. Take a look show support in support of the KC-46 capable of aerial refueling F18s.

A feature I think would be pretty cool to add with the F/A-18 rework, that could be later implemented to other fighters, is a black-out/red-out feature that can only be seen in the cockpit camera view when you’re hitting those Gs. Of course the intensity of the black-out/red-out will depend on how much Gs you’re pulling and it would be something you can have on or off. It’s probably not going happen since I’ve seen other topics talking about this or related to this, but it would be a nice touch.

1 Like

After last night’s fun flash flight to KDCA, this morning suddenly something came across my mind…

Can’t wait to join whatever exciting event coming our way with the premiere of the F/A-18, hosted by Dan on a Friday night! Yeah!

I just tried our existing legacy jet, not speeding up to FTL speed is hard and it’s just so agile at the same time, so staying calm behind the wheel’s gonna be a challenge for some, expect little to massive chaos on expert skies folks, GONNA BE GREAT! 🤣

1 Like

This livery is pretty nice. Hope to see the 100th Anniversary of the Royal Canadian Air Force livery.

Looks like a screenshot from AC7

4 Likes

I’m yet to see an F18 WIP. Looks like the ejets are being worked on first. I don’t mind cause i like the ejets but I’m also trying to see the progress on the F18

2 Likes

The F-18 will be coming before the E-Jets. it was stated that it will in the roadmap devlopment blog. the E-jet varients were decided in house and so work could start on them earlier as the F-18 had the poll to have first before they could start work on the model. we will be getting the F-18 before them still so dont you worry !!

1 Like

Yea I don’t mind I would’ve love the ejets reworked first, just would like to see a wip of the F18.

1 Like

same here, its gonna be awesome, im so hyped for the first WIP pictures too !!

2 Likes

If I understand it correctly, the Ejets are worked on by a separate team.

The F/A-18 is scheduled to be released first.

1 Like

Here are some awesome F-18 compilation videos produced by pilots:

Strike Fighter Ball 2016 - David Robinson
2017 West Coast Strike Fighter Ball C-Rock Productions
Australian Hornet Ball 2020 - Tim Zads

There’s much more out there, just search “Hornet Ball” and you will find an absoloute goldmine of epic videos.

1 Like

Australian Hornet Ball 2014 is the best out of these.

2 Likes

Happy news for my Indian friends 🇮🇳 your navy might be getting the Super Hornet soon Is India Closing in on the F/A-18 Super Hornet for Its Carrier Fighter? | The National Interest

2 Likes

Too early to tell , it looks like the Navy is divided between two choices
Rafale M
The Super Hornet
Would’be glad to welcome the Hornet into the Elephant’s Land honestly

3 Likes

Nice livery. Let’s see if the 100th Anniversary of the Royal Canadian Air Force is available.

1 Like

VX-9 , VX-9 VX-9 fingers crossed :)

Confirmed!

Monitor development on the F/A-18E Super Hornet here:

12 Likes