F-35 Confirmed for R.I.A.T 2016!

The F-35 has just been confirmed to be attending The Royal International Air Tattoo in 2016, the worlds biggest military air show at RAF Fairford, England. This will also be the aircrafts first international debut outside of the US and also Great Britains first chance to view the new aircrafts they’re purchasing!
More information here- http://www.airtattoo.com/news/2016/jan/26/f-35-confirmed-for-2016

I’ve booked my tickets for this summer, anyone else attending?

1 Like

There is 1:1 model of the F-35 on the RAF Museum at Duxford, London, so I guess that RAF has already seen the aicraft.
Though I don’t know if by view you mean while they fly.

Yeah I meant for the public to see the countries new fleet in action and flying for the first time

1 Like

Do you think the UK will buy the F-35? I read it had been outmatched by an F-16.

The U.K. and USA along with several other countries designed the F35. Britain is the second biggest financial backer after the USA. They had about 138 F35’s on order (but this may have changed). The F35 will eventually replace the RAF’s Tornados and will be used in conjunction with the current Eurofighter Typhoons.

1 Like

I’ll be going.

Which version did the UK buy, F-35A, B or C?

Same here! @B767fan
@Sturmovik not to sure there, I know it’s mainly F-35B’s and I believe some F-35C’s for use on the new Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carriers but I’m not sure, you’ll have to check that one sorry

2 Likes

Noooo!! I love the tornado!

2 Likes

It is a lovely plane to be fair, it will be missed (but its not gone yet!)

1 Like