F-16 During Sunrise In Italy

Finally had a moment to get some flying time in and decided to take the F-16 out for a spin at Aviano Air Base, Italy (LIPA). Expert server at sunrise this morning, nice background so I got some photos as well as some patterns. On that subject, does anyone have some pointers on keeping the aircraft steady, especially when using rudder on landing/takeoff - itโ€™s quite jumpy even with small inputs. Appreciate it!

In order from top to bottom: 1) Liftoff on the very first pattern of the morning. 2) Great shot from the base grounds just as the Falcon gets airborne. 3) View from the ground as the aircraft flies right overhead. 4) Mountain backdrop as the sun glints off the fuselage mid-turn. (Photo note: I think the blurry landscape actually gives an effect of motion-blur in this one, which is pretty cool. Same for photo 2). 5) In-air perspective showing off the base and this impressive piece of technology.

Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did!

10 Likes

Nice pics! Like to see some nice fighter jet pics, great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

2 Likes

Nice pics ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

2 Likes

I love love love the first one

2 Likes

Thanks! Yep the first and third are my favorites - they came out very well!

1 Like

The fighters really arenโ€™t used as much as they should be, especially the newer C-130 and A-10โ€ฆ The F-22 and F-16 come in first for photogenic looks though!

1 Like